US Glamour October 2016 : Joan Smalls, Kate Upton & Emily Ratjakowski by Carter Smith

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by Benn98, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

2. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

So it's back to back model covers for Glamour, which is quite impressive. More shocked to see Carter Smith shot this, after his Hearst feature with Linda Wells.

Kate's cover looks the best so far, but I like what Joan's wearing. It has that effortless and approachable vibe which works for Glamour. The full editorials and interviews are up on their website. They've put Joan in an awful burnt orange coloured wig, but there's a close-up which really caught my eye. Emily comes up short with both cover and edit, she was clearly the odd one out here.

3. Miss Dalloway

Miss Dalloway Well-Known Member

How wonderful to see them embracing more model covers, and i like all three actually. Would defo pick up the Kate Upton one though. Glamour is doing great this year!

4. MyNameIs

MyNameIs Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because you can't see the whole picture, but Kate looks pregnant in her shot. She does look great in the face though. Joan's cover looks surprisingly good too. Emily's cover is boring, but I blame the styling. That dress is so heavy and unexciting.

5. Katya

Katya Active Member

Great package of covers! Although I don't have anything against Emily and I even like her, I don't really feel the cover. The other two are just lovely

6. zzzyao76

zzzyao76 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

John

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    US Glamour October 2016 Digital Edition

7. zzzyao76

Kate

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. zzzyao76

Emily

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. zzzyao76

Denim

Photographs by Miguel Reveriego
    Stylist: Katie Mossman

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Katya

Katya Active Member

Emily's editorial is actually fine, way better than cover. Kate have the best cover & editorial, it's a double win

11. Srdjan

Srdjan Well-Known Member

Models are the new celebrities! They are slowly making a comeback on fashion covers. Hopefully, we will witness a fair share between celebs and models appearing on glossies.
    Anyway, my favourite here is Kate, Emrata looks weird and Joan's outfit is messy.

12. dodencebt

dodencebt Well-Known Member

I usually like Emily but like others have said, her cover is not really good. I think Joan looks best - her editorial is quite high fashion, and yet she gives off "approachable" vibes. Also, Kate is even more beautiful than I remember.

13. Urban Stylin

Urban Stylin ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

stunning covers and editorials but I feel like Emily has a nice look but doesn't know how to take advantage of it in photos.

14. Bobby153

Bobby153 Member

These are gorgeous! I want all of them...okay that's a lie I don't want Kate's...that's a lie too, no one wants Kate's.

Joan and Emily look exquisite. Has Joan ever had a solo American cover?

Who would have thought Emily could look this good with her clothes ON?!:D

15. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Does Self and Lucky count? Otherwise, no. Not even W, who seems to love models that much.

16. Zposen

Zposen Well-Known Member

Love all three covers... but Joan wins for me both cover and editorial. Her editorial is more high fashion but on the cover she is giving girl next door vibe... simply beautiful..:blush:

17. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

The only one that's good at her daytime job is Joan Smalls really.. the other ones are so irritating inside out, but especially Emily Ratajkowski, put on clothes on her and give her a microphone and there goes whatever charm has contributed to her success as this generation's Carmen Electra. She just lacks substance, some depth and a minimal sense of integrity.. the idea that mere awareness of a social issue explains ticking on every box invented and constantly enforced by men to oppress our gender is a bit revolting for its contradiction... it wouldn't be so much if you managed to destroy said box from the inside, but the effort implies losing the (mostly) male fanbase, who get exactly what they've been told women should be... it also implies being incredibly astute (which can be tiring), so ultimately what we're left with is another opportunistic starlet, grabbing every chance that can feed her social media fame from instagram interpretations of feminism and narcissism and a wild PR agency that can afford every space available on Daily Mail, whatever works.

18. anlabe32

anlabe32 Well-Known Member

What's Joan doing there?

19. A.D.C.

A.D.C. Well-Known Member

She's had an Elle cover before. It's still pretty impressive that she has managed to book American Vogue, Elle, W, Self, Lucky, and now Glamour whether they were shared, multiple, or solo. It's a throwback to the supermodel days when the girls would pop up on all sorts of covers and variations.

20. JesseDillon

JesseDillon Member

I counted 5 out of the 8 comments above yours that either said something positive about Kate, or that they would buy her cover, so wrong! Lol