US Harper’s Bazaar Summer 2020 by Mario Sorrenti

I prefer Christy´s cover, too bad the styling is so plain and the sun is making her squint :stuart:

A true example of "less is more". I'm loving the clean layout.

Will they print this issue, though? Its size seems different from their usual covers.

This isn't American Harper's Bazaar for me. It's British, at best. As much as I hated Glenda, I must admit I'm already nostalgic for her overly airbrushed, text stacked busy covers that have been present for so long that they established a recognisable identity of her magazine, regardless of how bad it looked at times. This just feels strange to me.

I've never been a fan of these natural looking realistic covers, so it's a no from me. Christy's cover is tolerable, but that's only because she's Christy.

Christy's cover shines the most for me. However, there's nothing special to all of these. Even Christy's cover feels like a run-of-the-mill Harper's Bazaar Espana cover (from the art direction, vibe ++)

The other covers are suitable for digital covers at best. Weak imagery.

I hate Glenda's legacy, but one thing's for sure, US magazines need that commercial touch.

None of the images have the precision that you'd expect from a cover shot. Everything looks a little off - awkward posing, clothes that don't fit, and several wouldn't even make the cut if taken in a personal capacity as holiday snaps.

I like this.... it is a bit more simple than I think we are used to seeing. Nothing too special, as others have pointed out.

But that is sort of why I like it, it’s refreshing to look at. It has a relaxed Summer vibe going on. Not good, but not bad.

Very WSJ...
Cortina just switched the name of the publications and delivered the same kind of content.
I get the need for something more simple or subtle but it’s not very Bazaar either.

That being said, I hope Cortina will still be part of the team under Samira.

I am not impressed. I find the cover boring. There's nothing distinctive about it. Might as well be a random vogue or a newspaper from ikea.

Ashley's cover is the most fashion, so is my favorite. Christie's cover a closer second.
The rest of those portraits are shameful. Like they made no effort at all. Harsh lighting, terrible.
I've seen mug shots that look better.

Not loving any of these, very drab - I guess that's the one key word to describe imagery associated with the pandemic through and through. Still, I'm intrigued to see if Hearst will let HB continue to go in this direction under Samira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashion killa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->