US Harper's Bazaar December 2015/January 2016 : Kate Hudson by Terry Richardson

Cheesy as hell and by Richardson, fail & fail imo.

HQ Newsstand Cover:

harpersbazaar.com

Yes It's Fun to Be Kate Hudson
Photographer: Terry Richardson
Fashion Editor/Stylist: Joanna Hillman
Makeup Artist: Wendy Rowe for Burberry
Hair: Didier Malige
Production: Mary-Clancey Pace for Hen's Tooth Productions

gallery-1447362775-hbz-december-2015-cover-kate-hudson-01.jpg

gallery-1447362953-hbz-december-2015-cover-kate-hudson-02.jpg

gallery-1447362865-hbz-december-2015-cover-kate-hudson-03.jpg

All The images are from Harpersbazaar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't. It's not even funny.

Designers get fired each season yet editors stay in their posts forever. Glenda, Anna, Alexandra, Alt, Yolanda, Sozzani... They should all get fired because they are stagnant, boring, lame and have no talent or vision anymore.

Let young people do their thing! Fashion should not be directed by 90-year old bourgeois ladys.

Why is Terry Richardson STILL being rewarded for being a dodgy sleaze who has used his position of power to allegedly assault and sexually use women and girls?

Oh yeah, because he can take great photos that only, oh, the other million or so photographers in New York could also take?

why is Kate channeling Madonna? :lol:
the newsstand cover is not better...

It truly amazes me how she manages to maintain this status of covering a bunch of magazines, attending to every Award show without being a relevant movie star in... how many years now?

^ever? :Pink:
I´d say her peak was early 2000s...

Does she have a new movie coming or something? Either way the shoot is a bit disappointing, the 3rd shot is my favorite from the bunch so far. The newsstand cover looks atrocious, too much font. I think Harper's need a good overhaul, a new team maybe, new art direction and bring it back to it's golden age, the 90s. I think their roster of photographers are okay but not used to their fullest potential, a new team will present them with possibly new ideas.

I don't even want to comment on how good or not Hudson looks, because Terry f**king Richardson is the photographer. He's done some great eds of some of my favourite models, but f**k him.

HAHAHA!! That last photo looks so bad, it's a great pose but that background looks so fake. Like a green screen, even though it's actually real from a BTS photo of Joanna with Kate on Instagram but come on Glenda!

Even worse than I expected... and those unoriginal, boring, badly photoshopped newstand covers really bother me:doh: those covers are always the same, no matter who is on the cover

Even though Terry Richardson shot it, and it contains the words "Carine Roitfeld on the new season", and the entire thing is as cheesy as hell, all those things considered and I still prefer it to the cover of US Vogue.

It tells me a lot about Glenda Bailey that she continues to use Terry Richardson. It tells me what she thinks about women in general and the women who have leveled accusations against Terry. It suggests to me that she is also not much for critical thinking, because I'm sure Terry has been nice and professional to her so how could he possibly be unprofessional to anyone else? I stopped subscribing to it a long time ago and when I flip through Bazaar issues on the stand, I am assured I haven't missed anything relevant, thoughtful, or well done. Dumb editor, dumb magazine.

Designers get fired each season yet editors stay in their posts forever. Glenda, Anna, Alexandra, Alt, Yolanda, Sozzani... They should all get fired because they are stagnant, boring, lame and have no talent or vision anymore.

Let young people do their thing! Fashion should not be directed by 90-year old bourgeois ladys.

I agree! Sack the lot of them. I mean this doesnt look all that different from her last cover for them. Will they talk about her workout range? The same range which tricks British customers unwittingly into £44 subscriptions when they purchase online? Lol.

I love this! I agree with you 100%. Time for some new blood all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->