US Harper's Bazaar April 2013 : Selena Gomez by Terry Richardson

Though Im not a big fan I do think shes a beautiful girl and the edit is lovely, happy that terry didnt try to make her overtly sexual.

God if HB is going to put Selena Gomez and next Kendall Jenner on the cover, I am cancelling my subscription. This is not Teen Vogue. These are not talented women. So disappointing.

This is hysterical. She looks like a twelce year old trying to be "sexy" or something. The only reason she's got any attention now is because of Justin Bieber. And I'm sick of Terry Richardson for Harper's Bazaar (but it seems like all the uber hype about him is dying down, I rarely see all that much work from him anymore, so let's be thankful). I think it's funny when she says that she's sensual,, and that walls get her going. It's so stupid. But yes, nowhere near as low as having Kim Sk*nkbag Kardashian on the cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
God if HB is going to put Selena Gomez and next Kendall Jenner on the cover, I am cancelling my subscription. This is not Teen Vogue. These are not talented women. So disappointing.

I decided when they put Kendall on the cover I'm going to rip the cover off, or just black her face out and tape a piece of paper over it. I honestly refuse to look at those fame wh*res get attention.

"From Barney to Bieber, Selena Gomez shows you her personal style for the wannabe A-lister, photographed by the irritating Terry Richardson and styled by a 14 year old tumblr fanatic"

Who Honestly takes this magazine seriously anymore? Everything about this just screams "Seventeen magazine" to me. I hate everything about this.

Selena??!! Seriously? Wow such a downgrade from last month's issue.

Why are they putting a teen star on the cover of women fashion magazine? It totally ruins HB's sophisticated allure. :yuk:

Selena is not capable of transformation. No matter how they dress her or do her hair and makeup she always looks the same.

The Shape Of The Season
Harper’s Bazaar (USA)
- April 2013

PH: Nathaniel Goldberg

fashionscansremastered.net

The Escape
Harper’s Bazaar (USA)
- April 2013

PH: Terry Richardson

---------------------------------

Armani’s Stars
Harper’s Bazaar (USA)
- April 2013

PH: Erik Madigan Heck

th editorials in this issue are really good. My favorite is Aymeline's by Nathaniel Goldberg. Martha Hunt also has an editorial in this

Never understood the hype surrounding Selena Gomez, I cannot bare to look at her, most times. She's almost too.. Disney, too cute and far too out of reach with the average Harper's Bazaar reader. I, for one, couldn't care less about what she has to promote. You'll get all the teenyboppers buying this, though.. or getting their parents to on a visit to the supermarket. Because she'll mention Justin Bieber.

I'd love to know the sales figures for Glenda's recent issues. There has bound to have been a dramatic decrease of readership. I'll be amazed otherwise. Although, I guess I continue to make a purchase each month. Mainly for the layouts, the heavily-featured accessories and fashion stories.

I certainly don't see how Selena Gomez is a worse cover star than let's see: Kim Kardashian, The Olsen Twins (before they were "fashionistas'), Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Mischa Barton, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Leighton Meester, Jessica Simpson, et. al.

I fail to see how this is worse then even their most recent Jennifer Lopez cover. I'm not clutching my pearls about this cover, sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
is she promoting her new movie? I do see why she isn't on Teen Vogue for it because the movie is not for teens but Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, and the other actress could have all been included to make it less teeny bopper and more grown women promoting a movie. Then again, HB doesn't seem to think outside of the box

I certainly don't see how Selena Gomez is a worse cover star than let's see: Kim Kardashian, The Olsen Twins (before they were "fashionistas'), Nicole Richie, Paris Hilton, Mischa Barton, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry, Leighton Meester, Jessica Simpson, et. al.

I fail to see how this is worse then even their most recent Jennifer Lopez cover. I'm not clutching my pearls about this cover, sorry.

it's definitely not any worse than any of those...
i wonder though what the sales have been of those issues and why they continue to go younger with their cover subjects...:unsure:

Oh Jesus... these covers are more of Seventeen or any teen mag, no for a fashion mag, really Bailey have bad decissions to choose the cover girls of her mag, really HB need a new EIC desperatly.... But the Constance's is good & that save this issue.

Carine has ed on this or others issues HB on April?

"The Best of the Season: At First Blush"
Model: Aymeline Valade
Photographer: Nathaniel Goldberg
Stylist: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Rudi Lewis
Makeup: Sally Branka

visualoptimism.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->