US Harper's Bazaar December 2015/January 2016 : Kate Hudson by Terry Richardson

So I'm guessing her let cover did well because they basically reproduced it. Big smile, lots of pink, done. This magazine is truly pathetic. More so than any other.

Why is Terry Richardson STILL being rewarded for being a dodgy sleaze who has used his position of power to allegedly assault and sexually use women and girls?

Oh yeah, because he can take great photos that only, oh, the other million or so photographers in New York could also take?

There's always the tiny, minuscule chance that he's innocent and it's all a big misunderstanding, but the pictures of him with his dick out wanking over models say otherwise.

Precisely! I mean come on, look at Kate's edit, especially the first two shots which feels quite sexualised. If this was any other photographer I would not flinch, but with him it just looks creepy. Kate and the stylist probably feel so chuffed with these poses, showing off her yoga prowess, meanwhile............

In my very best snotty voice, 'liber horribilis'
just when I thought this magazine could not get any crappier

I honestly don't know what to say. She is relevant how? This is just really bad and the sad part is I didn't even expect anything else from them.

I can't. It's not even funny.

Designers get fired each season yet editors stay in their posts forever. Glenda, Anna, Alexandra, Alt, Yolanda, Sozzani... They should all get fired because they are stagnant, boring, lame and have no talent or vision anymore.

Let young people do their thing! Fashion should not be directed by 90-year old bourgeois ladys.
This is so true, fashion needs big changes asap.

it truly amazes me how she manages to maintain this status of covering a bunch of magazines, attending to every award show without being a relevant movie star in... How many years now?

this.

Well, Glenda probably saw many comments here saying they are so tired of Cate, so she gave us Kate instead. hehe

I'll take Ms. Cate any day!

what's the deal with Glenda? is HB a good seller on newsstands?...so why Hearst don't replace her? The mag has to work for them in some way.... any input?

what's the deal with Glenda? is HB a good seller on newsstands?...so why Hearst don't replace her? The mag has to work for them in some way.... any input?

Maybe they just don't care. :lol:

They must be showcasing her new line of workout clothes. Regardless, overused styling on the cover mixed with typical Richardson tackiness.

Because Kate along with Jennifer Aniston sell magazines plain and simple.

Does she really? I mean I don't live in the US, but I just really can't see why people would be interested in her. She was never really THAT famous to begin with, after those movies with Matthew McConaughey she pretty much faded away... is she still milking her break up with Matt Bellamy?

i like the gucci dress on the newsstand cover

that's it

Does she really? I mean I don't live in the US, but I just really can't see why people would be interested in her. She was never really THAT famous to begin with, after those movies with Matthew McConaughey she pretty much faded away... is she still milking her break up with Matt Bellamy?

She definitely is THAT famous here in North America. Honestly, in terms of name/face recognition? She'd be right up there with the most famous actresses like Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc.

She was born into the industry and I've certainly never heard of a single person in the movie or fashion industry who had anything other than extremely positive things to say about her and for whatever reason, the public adores her and she sells magazines.

She's promoting her new film with Bill Murray right now, so we can expect to see more of her.

Kate Hudson seems like a most random cover choice, I don't even remember the last film I saw her in. And I'm very surprised she seems to be a good seller. I have no bad thing to say about her, but she doesn't really strike me as relevant.

The worst thing, however, is the use of Terry. Why is still magazine still using him? Especially for covers? And why are people like Kate Hudson okay with the fact they are photographed by this man? I just don't understand it.

"Graphic Impact"
photographer: Tom Munro
fashion editor: Julia von Boehm
model: Juliana Schurig
Harper's Bazaar

Last edited by a moderator:
"Spring's New Look"
photographer: Julia Noni
fashion editor: Julia von Boehm
model: Annely Bouma
Harper's Bazaar

Users who are viewing this thread