US Marie Claire June 2014 : Jennifer Lawrence by Jan Welters

JoCaderone

Reaction score
Photographer : Jan Welters

marieclaire.com

Last edited by a moderator:
terrible cover choice. why show her with no personality!? odd choice.

the second shot would make a better cover shot, but she looks so overly photoshopped and looks like Cate Blanchet on that shot

To elaborate....I'm in Jennifer Lawrence overload. She's been on non-stop covers for months now. I hate how the fashion magazines do this with the same people over and over...Scarlett Johanssen, Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diza, Rihanna, JLo, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, the Kardashians and so many others...it's like there are only 10 women available for fashion magazine covers at any given time. Ridiculous. What happened to having actual models on covers and celebrities inside the mags???????

We barely recognize her on this cover ... I agree, another pic would have been better.

It's not bad but I expected so much better. The first shot of the ed preview would have made a much more striking and interesting cover. Love Jennifer!

To elaborate....I'm in Jennifer Lawrence overload. She's been on non-stop covers for months now. I hate how the fashion magazines do this with the same people over and over...Scarlett Johanssen, Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diza, Rihanna, JLo, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, the Kardashians and so many others...it's like there are only 10 women available for fashion magazine covers at any given time. Ridiculous. What happened to having actual models on covers and celebrities inside the mags???????

I could not agree more

Styling that fabulous fuchsia coat with those hideous Michael Kors shoes sob
Her expression on the cover looks bizarre, as if someone Photoshopped her face right onto a differently angle. My favourite is the 3/4 black and white shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Would loved to have seen the 2nd shot as the cover choice.

To elaborate....I'm in Jennifer Lawrence overload. She's been on non-stop covers for months now. I hate how the fashion magazines do this with the same people over and over...Scarlett Johanssen, Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, Rihanna, JLo, Jennifer Lawrence, Taylor Swift, the Kardashians and so many others...it's like there are only 10 women available for fashion magazine covers at any given time. Ridiculous. What happened to having actual models on covers and celebrities inside the mags???????

It's all about who sells more magazines. There are very few models who would be recognizable to the general public in the same way that the women you mentioned are. Given the current cultural obsession with celebrity and the fact that Marie Claire isn't exactly high-fashion, it's no surprise. They choose covers based on what will sell in airports and market check-out lines and that wont be changing anytime soon, at least not with American magazines. I don't have the data to back me up on this, but I feel confident saying that this issue will sell better with Jennifer Lawrence than it would if Anja Rubik was on the cover.

That Christian Dior dress she is wearing on the cover is lovely, one of my favourites of the collection. Her face looks off though, so much photoshop. Jennifer certainly doesn't need that, she is a beautiful girl.

it's like there are only 10 women available for fashion magazine covers at any given time. Ridiculous.

my words!

I am even sick to my stomach everytime I hear there is some new blockbuster or CD coming out and I always think like "oh my god, now she will get every "big" cover available" :sick:

I hate short hair on her. Otherwise, the cover is okay.

"Beauty & The Beach"

Photographer: Elina Kechicheva
Fashion Editor: Isabel Dupré
Hair: Adrian Clark at The Wall Group
Make-up: Tamah Krinsky at The Wall Group
Manicure: Donna D. for Chanel Le Vernis

Model: Candice Swanepoel

Source: fashionscansremastered.net

THE GIRL CAN’T HELP IT
Photographer: Jan Welters
Stylist: Catherine Newell-Hanson
Hair: Adir Abergel