UK ELLE January 2010 : Helena Christensen by Jan Welters

I was so about to subscribe to ELLE but then I went for Vogue cos at least they put models on theit covers... but Good to see Helena because she did so many covers for the British ELLE in the 90ies.

I like the line of the subscriber's cover. "A cover girl returns". I think UK Elle generally only uses models on the cover once they sort of cross that line into becoming actual celebrities and known outside of the fashion world as such, which I think it's safe to see Helena is. That's my impression of it anyway..

Elle's always a good thing to be subscribed to in my opinion. They really do do the great deals. There'll be a 12 issues for £12 deal cropping up soon I'm sure. But you should be able to get a subscriber's cover copy on E-bay. They always seem to end up on there.

I'm quite like both covers. But I'm a little bored looking at supermodels topless.

I love the cover! The background is way better than the blue one.

I like the line of the subscriber's cover. "A cover girl returns". I think UK Elle generally only uses models on the cover once they sort of cross that line into becoming actual celebrities and known outside of the fashion world as such, which I think it's safe to see Helena is. That's my impression of it anyway..

Elle's always a good thing to be subscribed to in my opinion. They really do do the great deals. There'll be a 12 issues for £12 deal cropping up soon I'm sure. But you should be able to get a subscriber's cover copy on E-bay. They always seem to end up on there.

Yes 12 for 12 sounds amazing! Would not even think a sec if I had that offer... The only reason why I have not subscribed to it is their cover choices... they almost never use models... and I agree with what u said about Helena... even though she does not like to be called a ''supermodel'' she is perceived as such by the public ... last time she was on the cover of UK ELLE in 1998 though she appeared twice on the cover during that year...

I'm quite like both covers. But I'm a little bored looking at supermodels topless.

Seeing beautiful women naked can hardly ever bore me but generally I agree with what u said about current "naked supermodel trend"... they should start doing something else with them;-)

HQ Subscribers:

source | scanned by vogue28

CONTENTS

Super Cool
Model: Helena Christensen
Photographer: Jan Welters
Fashion: Anne-Marie Curtis

The Future Is Coming (Elle's pick of the next top models)
Models: Tabea, Rosie, Delphie, Rudi, Tamara, Sana, Lovani, Gracie, Alina, & Tara Jean
Photographer: Matthias Vriens McGrath

Thanks for the HQ! ^ OMG! THat is wonderful, but only 2 eds? pages?

I wonder what edition you'll get, KissMiss! :D
Both?

Someone is taking the piss:D Well definitelly news-stand version ... a couple of copies;-))) would love to get my hands on the subscribers' cover as well;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Cool
Model: Helena Christensen
Photographer: Jan Welters

source | photos taken by vogue28

Attachments

• 000_0027.JPG
    000_0027.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 000_0028.JPG
    000_0028.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 000_0029.JPG
    000_0029.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 000_0030.JPG
    000_0030.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 000_0031.JPG
    000_0031.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 9
Thaaaanks! Actually she is not naked at all;-) just one pic... it does not count;-)

A gorgeous woman with an amazing body, this is a good way to start the year.

Very grateful she is not naked yet again!! :rolleyes:

The subscribers cover is superb, and inspiring, they are both good actually, and its cool to see her on the cover since she is really underused on covers these days.

The Future Is Coming (Elle's pick of the next top models)
Models: Tabea, Rosie, Delphie, Rudi, Tamara, Sana, Lovani, Gracie, Alina, & Tara Jean
Photographer: Matthias Vriens McGrath

source | photos taken by vogue28

Attachments

• 000_0035.JPG
    000_0035.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 000_0034.JPG
    000_0034.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 000_0033.JPG
    000_0033.JPG