US Vogue August 2011 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

liberty33r1b, there is a 2 page story on missoni for target with pictures of marguerita missoni.

there is a 3 page story on the clarin's heirs. one of them was also featured in the last issue. :rolleyes: guess they have to keep the advertisers happy.

klien's editorial is really the best thing in the issue, IMO.

there is also a feature story on cooking with jello.

The Age Portfolio
Elle & Dakota Fanning, Claire, Virginie, Prisca & Jenna Courtin-Clarins, Dylan Lauren, Virginie Mouzat, Jane Lynch & Ida Keeling

Every year in its August issue, Vogue celebrates women of all ages—from their teens to their 90s—who not only have a stellar sense of style and a knack for making their way in the world but also possess that uncanny ability to know when to act their age and also when to throw the supposed limits of that number (Is 60 too old to start my own company?) right out the window. From thirteen-year-old actress Elle Fanning, already wise to the ways of the world (not to mention the Chanel Atelier), to Glee’s Jane Lynch, a breakout star at the tender age of 51, to Ida Keeling, a 96-year-old, leather jacket–wearing, record-setting runner—get an exclusive look at the ten amazing women who make up this year’s portfolio in our slideshow above.

vogue.com

Margherita missoni and her house with furnishings by missoni for target
scans by moodboard.typepad.com

Attachments

• miss1.jpg
    miss1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 12
  • miss2.jpg
    miss2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
  • miss3.jpg
    miss3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 7
  • miss4.jpg
    miss4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 12
Gossamer, thanks for the Raquel scans. I would give you more karma but it won't let me.

Does anyone have a scan of that additional Raquel pic in the table of contents?

Since I starting buying/subscribed to Vogue, I've noticed that there's always 1 editorial or article that I love above all others. The trend has continued this month with "Late Bloomers." It has such a painterly post-Impressionist John MacNeil Whistler element to it. The very bright colours of the dresses and the flowers are so striking!

Overall, I like this issue too. The SJP interview and editorial were bland compared to the rest of the issue, but it still good.

Does Anna have a sixth sense? I got a good laugh out of seeing SPJ in the same Bottega Veneta gown that Emma Watson wore just days ago at the Harry Potter premiere.

Late Bloomers is reminiscent of Vogue Italia August 2004 and it's Red Alert editorial. I love it, it can easily pass as an editorial in Vogue Italia.

i think this has been a cool issue.
p.s. im grateful karlie doesnt have short hair really.

Well I've seen stronger content from US Vogue. Double Take appears to be satisfying, because.. it's Meisel. Karlie by Craig McDean has to be the highlight of the issue, I've become a sucker for her work. I do look forward to picking up this issue, I find US Vogue terribly alluring in print.

liberty33r1b, there is a 2 page story on missoni for target with pictures of marguerita missoni.

there is a 3 page story on the clarin's heirs. one of them was also featured in the last issue. :rolleyes: guess they have to keep the advertisers happy.

klien's editorial is really the best thing in the issue, IMO.

there is also a feature story on cooking with jello.

thank you for the review:flower:

vogue seems to love the Clarins right now, i don't think this will be the last time they feature them....

there is a 3 page story on the clarin's heirs. one of them was also featured in the last issue. :rolleyes: guess they have to keep the advertisers happy. .
:lol: they look good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->