US Vogue April 2009 : Beyoncé by Mario Testino

Jonthan Van Meter should be writing for Glamour not Vogue. His usage of archaic journalistic technique's of probing the subject and offering very little more than a snippet of a fabricated, non-naturalistic exchanging of vague information and supposed admissions like "dont feel sorry for me" and "that was un-cool" both lacks authenticity and originality. Even Andre's drab prose is more emphatic, eye-grabbing and razor-sharp, his Elegy-like obitaury to Gianfranco Ferre a few years back and Jennifer Hudson cover story was great. I feel Beyonce should have been shot with more chic and avante-garde styling, i.e. Meisel or Leibovitz, Pat McGrath and Mr.Talley styling or even Mr. Enniful.

I find this issue disappointing on the whole. There are some interesting people featured and a decent model selection but the profiles themselves are rather dull- no one comes across particularly well to be honest and I dont think it's the fault of the subjects. The tone for some of the articles is downright vapid and borders on jejune. I was disappointed.

Also disappointing was the lack of practical advice. There really is none to be found regardless of one's shape. It all boils down to a bunch of celebrity profiles about women who just so happen to be different shapes. That doesn't really help anyone as far as I'm concerned. It's like OK you're short so look at what Zoe Kravitz is wearing. Fine and well but shouldn't an issue devoted to a theme at least try to address the theme it's working with in a way that is useful to it's readership? Personally I think the answer is yes. In spite of the aspirational tone of Vogue there should have been some effort made to tackle the nitty gritty of shape. Women need clothes, they need ideas and they need tips - they don't for the most part need yet another boilerplate celebrity article. Quite frankly I honestly feel as though they should retire the whole concept if they aren't going to do it justice. How about next April they do an April fools issue chock full of useless information and limericks.

One bright spot. Anja Rubik is inside. I'm pinch hitting so if there is anything anyone wants to see I can scan it, I know most of the editorials have already been done so I'll leave those be.

Sun City
Ph. Steven Meisel
Fashion Editor: Edward Enninful
Model: Anja Rubick

Image Credit | Scanned by Me from Vogue US April 2009

Thanks for the scan Luxx! Anja looks gorgeous.

I'm crying and shaking

Anja! :clap: This looks like an outtake of another photo of Anja also by Meisel that has been published before. I wonder if there's a whole editorial that wasn't published :(

Thanks for the scan Luxx :flower:

It only takes one New President to usher in change at Vogue. didnt Ana know that Black people have always existed on the face of this earth?:innocent:

thank u for pix but... they just comfirm it: eww at beyonce.
anja's pic is very nice, tho!♥

need watch the ed of Edita pleaseeee

I feel Beyonce should have been shot with more chic and avante-garde styling, i.e. Meisel or Leibovitz, Pat McGrath and Mr.Talley styling or even Mr. Enniful.

that's impossible, there's no raw material to do it, Beyonce can't look like that.

I mean. how!

beyonceoscars.jpg
beyocescar1.jpg

Testino did a great job making her look like that, better is impossible.

Jonthan Van Meter should be writing for Glamour not Vogue. His usage of archaic journalistic technique's of probing the subject and offering very little more than a snippet of a fabricated, non-naturalistic exchanging of vague information and supposed admissions like "dont feel sorry for me" and "that was un-cool" both lacks authenticity and originality. Even Andre's drab prose is more emphatic, eye-grabbing and razor-sharp, his Elegy-like obitaury to Gianfranco Ferre a few years back and Jennifer Hudson cover story was great. I feel Beyonce should have been shot with more chic and avante-garde styling, i.e. Meisel or Leibovitz, Pat McGrath and Mr.Talley styling or even Mr. Enniful.
Could not disagree more with this!

Van Meters way of doing interviews is absoloutley fantastic to me, he always gets bits and pieces that no one else at any other magazine does.And his style of writting is brilliant and so descriptive, in an odd one when he dosent feel the subject in question its not top notch, but otherwise i think he is the best celeb interviewer out there (dont get what you mean with accussing him of "supposed admissions" since all those you named are merely direct quotes therefore not something he came up with, and it was Vogues decision to single them out on the cover!), and i hope he continues with his working for them.

I love Anja's picture, and I'm definetely not her fan.....

I was gonna pass on the issue but I think I'm gonna be weak and get it when it comes out in Europe hopefully soon :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->