US Vogue May 2010 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Mario Testino

You're welcome, fiercification. I happen not to like some of the wigs too but as a whole Meisel's ed is great.

The ed of Daria is beautifull but the ed of Amber by Meisel is very ugly the style and the photos she look very old

Okay, so SJP's editorial is full of warm, rich tones and yet they Barbie-blast her on the cover in blue and pink? I dunno.

I love the Meisel ed. I like the styling and the setting. Amber with the short black wig reminds me of Stam circa 2003/4.

The Sims ed looks good so far. Can't wait to see the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Testino's editorial with Daria. Kind of reminiscent of Terry's VP ed with Carmen a few years ago.

issue looks the worst for sometime from us vogue i'm surprised

^ I agree. I find everything in this issue to be... ugly.

Luxx has done a very thorough review of the issue on her blog and scanned bits and pieces from the issue B)!

Here's some of the stuff that hasn't been posted in HQ yet,

American Experience (overview; 8 out of 12 pages) :blush:
Models: Daria Werbowy, Sasha Pivovarova, Liya Kebede, Patricia Van Der Vliet, Kasia Struss, Mirte Maas, Chanel Iman (+ Frida Gustavsson, Karlie Kloss, Raquel Zimmerman & Lara Stone in the other shots)
Hair: Guido
Make-Up: Lisa Butler
Photographer: David Sims
Fashion Editor: Tonne Goodman

Seasons of Our Discontent
Model: Karlie Kloss
Hair: Renato Campora
Make-Up: Dotti
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Fashion Editor: Phyllis Posnick

All scanned by Luxx @ SansArtifice :flower:

You can see some other previews and reviews at the site,

http://sansartifice.wordpress.com/2010/04/13/gpa-vogue-05-10/#more-4293

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I forgot to post these as well :smile:.

Vogue View
Models: Meghan Collison, Jamie Bochert, Lakishmi Menon
Photographers: Christopher Sturman, Todd Selby & Sebastian Kim (respectively)

scanned by Luxx @ SansArtifice

I especially love the styling on Sasha in American Experience, and the dress shot with Karlie and Frida is so gorgeous as well.
SJP's ed is so beautiful. And Amber's ed consists of classic colorful pics of Meisel, which somehow remind me of his 90's pics.
Daria's ed is classically classy, looking to be inspired from Jane Birkin's style. And it also reminds me of Jessica Miller's ed in Vogue Paris March 2007 of the same concept. Daria looks so similar with Jessica there, though I've always thought they resemble each other.
There's no ed I don't like so far. On the whole, it looks like a really great issue.

Thanks for all the pics, everyone!

I admire the historical concept behind the American Experience editorial. Who said that fashion can't be educational? Chanel Iman looks particularly gorgeous in her sweet little flapper dress and long beads.

it's a good issue, but don't you feel a little of VOGUE PARIS on the editorials?
Not just for Marie-Amelie, I mean, the editorials look very 90s VOGUE PARIS.
I hope to be wrong, but i don't know it looks like VOGUE PARIS in the Joan Julliet Buck era with a commercial twist.

Daria, Sasha and Karlie make this issue for me :heart:, the rest i couldn't care less about.

the casting for the 'american experience' edit is dope; but karlie & chanel are the only americans.

I really love Americans In Paris. Its just so predictable but I'm biased for anything set in Paris or styled by Sauvé.

Here is the cover scanned in HQ

source: fashionologie.com

^Whoa, what in the world happened to that thumbnail? :lol: Talk about color inversion...

SJP's ed is beautiful. I have no complaints about her appearance on Vogue because her photoshoots are always a pleasure to see. I esp. liked her shoot from last time, when she was promoting the first SATC movie.

The cover is fresh, chic, and beautiful. Impeccable styling.

This looks like an all-around awesome issue. Lots of goodies and no filler.
I'll definitely be satisfied to receive this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->