US Vogue August 2015 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

Peter.....JUST STOP.
Um NO!! This is his signature Iconic setting, he most certainly excells in shooting his subjects like this. And he always does it like only he can, look at Lubomirski trying to copy him without an ounce of Peter's charm or natural ease!! The man has been working for over 3 decades, and I hope he never stops!

The cover has a Testino over produced feel to it. Sad that it doesn't encompass the softness of the editorial. Having said that, this still slays most of the 2015 and latter 2014 covers of US Vogue, for sure.

Nicole is a true beauty. But I do agree with the repetition of Peter's work especially for his cover stories for US Vogue but to be honest, it really works. It really does.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love the cover. Nicole looks so stunning. The edit inside, as someone has pointed out, is just lazy

Um NO!! This is his signature Iconic setting, he most certainly excells in shooting his subjects like this. And he always does it like only he can, look at Lubomirski trying to copy him without an ounce of Peter's charm or natural ease!! The man has been working for over 3 decades, and I hope he never stops!

I have more of an issue with the fact that its like "A celebrity...in a FILM? OMG LETS Shoot her on a FILM SET infront of a chair with her name on, and a big film lighting rig...". Its sad that his beautiful style of photography is constantly used in these bleugh, predictable scenarios.....for the 700th time. He's better than this.

The fact that he is being copied by several photographers means it time to do something a little less predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have more of an issue with the fact that its like "A celebrity...in a FILM? OMG LETS Shoot her on a FILM SET infront of a chair with her name on, and a big film lighting rig...". Its sad that his beautiful style of photography is constantly used in these bleugh, predictable scenarios.....for the 700th time. He's better than this.

The fact that he is being copied by several photographers means it time to do something a little less predictable.

:flower: I strongly AGREE!

I wanna see Nicole in L'Wren Scott,sigh...

My head says "ugh" but heart says "yes." I love Nicole, I can't help it. But I have not loved what US Vogue has done with her in a long time.

She has had some of the most interesting Vogue treatments through the years. June 1999 (recreating Sargent with Steven Meisel!), December 2000 (Nicole as Satine, that striking red cover!), September 2003 (Annie Leibovitz! Craig McDean! Irving Penn! Helmut Newton!), May 2004 (Nicole's back facing the cover! Minimal text! Irving Penn!!). But since, it's been 10 years of missing the mark, in my opinion. This is just another example.

Still going to pick this up because, well, it's Nicole. :blush:

Yup, we've all seen this before, but it's still stunning and Nicole looks gorgeous.

I couldnt be bothered about Nicole's edit which looks like a mash up of Sandra B's last one, and the all black edit they did a few months ago. (Tami/Leila/Aya etc). The cover however is the best work we've seen from Nicole in a while! I absolutely love it. She always does spectacular covers for Vogue. I see the issue is already on Ebay???

I think this is beautiful personally, definitely something I've seen many times before but I'm really drawn to the cover shot and even the rather cliche editorial is very beautiful. I'm all for Peter shooting more cover stories, it's all just so much softer feeling than Mario manages to achieve.

The photoshopping on her back looks really weird? I'll wait for an HQ version to pass final judgement, though.

I like Nicole and I'm glad this isn't be touted as "The Age Issue".

i think nicole is a very beautiful woman but her smirk looks a little awkward on the cover, i also wish they put her in a more exciting dress

Her face sure looks... pinched. Not sure if that's photoshop or too much fillers/botox.

The back does look weird, but maybe that's a normal, adult back in its normal state, and we are used to seeing "slimmed down" backs? Here is an edit I made - the image on the left is the original cover, and the right I "took out" her visible back. I think we are used to seeing backs like on the right:

2942mfn.jpg

glossynewstand with my edits

I was told that Lindbergh didn't shot the cover but don't know if it's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wellsantoss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->