US Vogue August 2015 : Nicole Kidman by Patrick Demarchelier

When is the last time this magazine had an honest to goodness FASHION LOOK on the cover?? All i can remember is boring head shots and blah neutrals. If they aren't going to take a risk with the cover star, the very least they could do is take a risk with the outfit!

i dont mind it, something cinematic about it even if not as exciting

I was told that Lindbergh didn't shot the cover but don't know if it's true.
Absolutely possible, we had this discussion recently, if Wintour doesn't deem any of the shoots cover worthy, she will brutally employ a new photographer to shoot just the cover. She has done it many, many times before!

To me the covers looks like its part of the ed though, will be interesting to see if someone else did it haha.

PS: Love her hair here. :heart:

I was told that Lindbergh didn't shot the cover but don't know if it's true.

Maybe that explains why the editorial looks far more superior than the cover shot! As much I don't mind the cover, Nicole does appear overly-airbrushed, flat and lifeless. I'll hold out for the official images to surface, before making a final judgement because in #1, the angle is dreadful.

Cover makes me think it's Mikael Jansson. I certainly wish he had shot the ed...

The cover looks so weird. I always think Nicole is photographed beautifully but the cover gives awkward vibes. As much as the edit is very typical Lindbergh, I’ll take it over Testing any day.

Wishing that this cover story is one of those rejected by Anna. I dont see a conection between cover and edit

I may be reading too much into it, but is it unusual that Nicole isn't wearing a wedding ring? She normally wears it and it's lovely, so to see her hand so prominently on the cover with no ring, it feels like a statement. I dunno, maybe she never wears it in fashion photographs or something?

Just heard that the cover was indeed a re-shoot by Wintour's demand, she hated Peter's cover shots, and had Patrick Demarchelier shot the cover in the end!! :ninja:-_-

Nicole's got such a beautiful body for fashion, I wish her back was a more elegant shape on the cover.

Did they flatten her back or what?

The editorial > the cover

The shot of her in Altuzarra could make a great cover.

Just heard that the cover was indeed a re-shoot by Wintour's demand, she hated Peter's cover shots, and had Patrick Demarchelier shot the cover in the end!! :ninja:-_-

oh :( I can't understand why Peter still work with them. He is way too talented for this magazine. Even his US Bazaar eds were much better than this comercial trash for US Vogue

MagFan : ^^ I agree, but i feel like they are far too powerful for any Photographer, even a Legendary one like Lindbergh to stand up to them. (Meisel apparently had a falling out with Wintour few years ago, hence his lack of presence in the magazine, but it seems they got over it, since he is slowly working for them again. Then there was of course the Iconic Richard Avedon who never hid his Wintour dislike, and refused to shoot covers once she took over!) I don't mind this cover though, in fact to me its the best one they put out this year, so far! But now i really want to see the cover contender shots that Peter put forward, and were rejected!!

Demarchelier is on fire though, Australian, Chinese, and now American Vogue August covers, not to mention many other titles, good for him.

Just a question, if patrick shot the cover, why he's not credited? Is that a common practice in magazine industry?

Absolutely possible, we had this discussion recently, if Wintour doesn't deem any of the shoots cover worthy, she will brutally employ a new photographer to shoot just the cover. She has done it many, many times before!

Wow, really?! And it's actually quite ironic because if there is someone that has terrible taste in covers it's definitely her. It beggars belief that someone as stuffy and outdated as Wintour has so much power in the fashion world.

Browsed thru this today.

The only new ad is Chanel with Lindsay W. and Anna Ewers

"here's looking at you" with Arizona Muse and a drone by Steven Klein

Forward March with karlie Kloss by Jamie hawkesworth

Heart and soul with Liya and Michael b Jordan by Patrick demarchelier

Let's misbehave Maggie riser by Inez & vin oodh

Karen Elson by Bruce Weber

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member