US Vogue June 2008 : Sarah Jessica Parker by Annie Leibovitz

I love the editorial with Pierce and Daria, lovely photos!

wow daria's ed is unreal, very beautiful
now just i would love to see trentini's ed

I dont care if Darias and Pierces edit is typical for US Vogue i LOVE these editorials because they are beautiful and classic and having an actor posing alongside adds to the feel.

Thanks for scanning Faith.

Well said, Mrs Dalloway, couldn't agree more. Thanks for scanning, Faith.

What a stupid editorial
I only like the sixth shot
Everything is just so ... random

Actually if you've seen Hitchcock films it's not random at all. The settings and images recall a lot of "Birds" and "Vertigo" especially ^_^.

Vertigo has some kind of misterious feeling, that all those pictures don't have. But you're right that it looks like it, it's especially clear in the last picture where it seems that she is trying to pose exactly as Kim Novak in that film. But they have only taken the surface and missed the most important thing, the atmosphere of the photos. I don't like the result. Actually I don't like anything of this issue so far.

^^Oh yeah, I'm not saying they captured anything truly Hitchcock besides physical setting. But it's US Vogue and Vertigo is one of the best films ever so...:lol: didn't really expect anything better.

Can US Vogue stop referencing classic films again and again please??? Apart from Pierce Brosnan (who is as HOT as ever), the San Francisco Chronicle ed is SO BORING! What happened to fresh ideas??

i like the ed of Daria and pierce veri typical greace coddington and testino edit but is good thanks Faith for the scans much kisses:heart:

CAroline Trentini
ph.Patrick Demarchelier
Vogue Us june 2008

scanned by me.Only scanning this ed from this issue:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem everyone :flower: Here's Liya's part in the issue since hfgl is only scanning Caroline :lol:

Liya Kebede
"From Here to Timbuktu"
Ph. Mikael Jansson
Fashion Editor: Edward Enninful

Scanned by me

Is there anything else that has to be scanned? I'm not sure if SJP's was already done by a celebrity fansite or not :smile:

I might've gotten amnesia but, how long has Edward been styling for US Vogue?.. I can't remember seeing him before.. :unsure:
Liya is looking lovely as always but the ed is a waste.. I don't think Mikael managed to capture something that hasn't already been portrayed when the location is Africa, not to mention how empty and uninspired his vision and techniques are, it makes you think it must've been tedious to shoot that when the experience was probably far from that.. it's not fair to compare but I wish they had gone on the lines of Mario Testino's Marrakech ed for US Vogue last year.. everything was working beautifully for that story and I'm sure Liya and Edward would've made an even better version of that..

Demarchelier's Patagonian getaway is uhh.. it probably doesn't even deserve a comment :lol:..

Daria's story on the other hand.. :wub: .. I wasn't entirely taken by it from the thumbnails, it just seemed so damn repetitive.. and it is, but Daria's looking breathtaking and you can't help but love the setting.. US Vogue sometimes succeeds at proving its point.. that it's teamwork and not originality what can break or make an ed.. too bad they often get lost in that, just like Numero and Vogue Italia err on the opposite direction.

thanks for scanning, faith & hfgl.

Always happy to see more work of Jansson in US Vogue and he is perfect for this ed with Liya, and i think its lovely.Thanks for scanning.

thanks Faith!
Liya looks great, and the whole ed looks nice and lively. I don't like Caroline's though, environment looks fake.

I don't like Carol's or Liya's edits although I love both models the eds seem like something you'd find in a travel magazine, I don't think they came off as good Location shoots this time around. Daria looks lovely but like everyone has said it is a bad case of Deja Vu.

Parker loox old, but at least at her real age. I'm not complaining:innocent:

Faith and hfgl thank you for your scanning!

I might've gotten amnesia but, how long has Edward been styling for US Vogue?.. I can't remember seeing him before.. :unsure:

I believe Edward first collaboration with US Vogue was for the december 05 issue. The Laundromate story with Gemma, Caroline and Lily by Meisel.

Thanks for scanning all the eds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alantrabriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->