US Vogue June 2019 : Zendaya by Tyler Mitchell

I agree Benn, the problem here is the photographer. The images are weak. They’re not captivating. There are better photographers out there who also need this kind of support.

You can’t blame Zendaya for that because the girl delivers and is stunning!

9842AEDB-B0E9-4E83-ADBA-B2DD6270B8A8.jpeg Pete Buttigieg by Ethan Janes Green

Wow this is sensational, what an incredible year of covers so far for Vogue US.

Reactions: MON
MEDIOCRE! I mean why is she even bagging covers? What is she famous for? Shes not a multi-billion academy award winning actress nor an iconic philanthropist/ activist either. She already has two covers and other substantial actresses couldn't even get one.

She's a beauty, and I love her flapper hair, but everything else here is dull.
Tyler is not a great photographer, but I'm not gonna be mad about a black photographer booking these kinds of high profile jobs, so kudos to him. It does seem like Anna is only using him to shoot her chosen black and biracial celebs. Hmm..

I usually always love her pictures but this photographer is no Vogue worthy photographer: the editorial is bad, very weak, it feels unresolved : from the croppings, the styling, the poses, it´s like a behind-the-scenes shoot rather than a finished product. NEXT!

This cover is Glenda level basic, ugh!! She can be shot so much better.

Hate this. Hair and makeup are awful, the outfit is unflattering, bad lighting and background... all wrong.

It's actually strange because normally there's one element which is off, but how EVERYTHING just doesn't gel is just baffling to me. I'm keen to find out who styled this as well.

Tyler Mitchell doing Herb Ritts....

Tyler Mitchell could never. Honestly do not understand the hype surrounding Mitchell at all, and think this is just as worse as those horrific Beyonce covers from September 2018.

I'm all for having Zendaya back on the cover but the outcome of this is more than questionable... and I'm failing to pick out one redeeming quality. It's such a shame too, because I felt as though Vogue was eventually back on full form with its covers of late, having been on a complete roll since December with Emily Blunt. This, unfortunately, does absolutely nothing for me and feels like a setback.

It's actually strange because normally there's one element which is off, but how EVERYTHING just doesn't gel is just baffling to me. I'm keen to find out who styled this as well.
Camilla Nickerson, whose glory days at W seem to be far behind.

Camilla Nickerson, whose glory days at W seem to be far behind.

I should've thought! But for a split second, I assumed Jorden Bickham got her first cover and made a mess of it.
Even though he only arrived at the magazine yesterday, it seems Carlos Nazario has a far more intuitive approach to marrying his styling with the aesthetic of US Vogue. And he's done so with only two edits! Time to give the man his cover.

It doesn't work. The hair and the dress, and good god the awful headlines.

I love a finger wave, always!
The minimal make-up is ok, but, would have worked better with a full 20s-30s vibe and gone minimal eye make up and emphasized the lips with a good shade of red.
That entire editorial can be tossed, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm about sick of every photographer going to LA, dropping a sheet as a backdrop in any alley way and doing a few quick pics. The whole formula is just weak at this point.

Oh my God I love this, 1930s perfection. Her expression could be a bit more relaxed and I would've used a bit more make-up but it's a great cover.

Good lord this is so basic, looks like it was styled and put together by a high schooler without any sense of style, poor Zendaya.

Lindbergh, is that you??? I don't like those Spiderman reboots (nothing beats Sam Raimi saga), but this girl is stunning. At least she is a natural beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snork
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->