US Vogue June 2019 : Zendaya by Tyler Mitchell

What a sad and depressing review.
Yeah, that review makes me wanna throw a shoe at someone! And 150 pages?! Damn, even January thicker than that! June always slim, but that much.........

What a sad and depressing review.

Actually both of the eds in this issue are not bad tbh, they are summery and cute, Alex Harrington is probably my favorite stylist in US Vogue right now. But they are mainly my own opinion tho, cause i know some people in this forum might disagree and trash the eds anyway lol.

Overall i enjoy this issue more than the 2017 & 2018 June edition.

Actually both of the eds in this issue are not bad tbh, they are summery and cute, Alex Harrington is probably my favorite stylist in US Vogue right now. But they are mainly my own opinion tho, cause i know some people in this forum might disagree and trash the eds anyway lol.

Overall i enjoy this issue more than the 2017 & 2018 June edition.

I really like the Oliver Hadlee Pearch shoot. It's just bursting with US Vogue's brand of summer energy, and the colours look lovely. It's sadly another case of a top model being used as a plus one to make Kendall look like she's a star, but other than that, I love it. I'm actually not that mad about the Harrington story. It just looks too much like a campaign to me. All those bags in my face. LV under Bruce Weber used to do that sort of thing a lot.

The page count is embarrassingly weak and I have already said that I can't abide the cast, but this issue is very well edited in terms of flow and variety. It's only the presidential hopeful with the funny name (Butt-ee-geeg? I've never heard of this surname before in my life!) whose edit is set in a studio, I think. It sounds like you're not a fan, @MON ? Will leave his feature until I get my print issue.

Obsessed with Oliver’s editorial.

Put it in Print

Photographer: Oliver Hadlee Pearch
Stylist: Carlos Nazario
Hair: James Pecis
Makeup: Susie Sobol
Cast: Kendall Jenner, Vittoria Cerretti

US Vogue Digital Edition

Breaking Free

Photographer: Tyler Mitchell
Set Design: Spencer Vrooman
Stylist: Camilla Nickerson
Hair: Kim Kimble
Makeup: Hannah Murray
Cast: Zendaya

US Vogue Digital Edition

The Man Who Styled the World

Photographer: Anton Corbijn
Cast: Virgil Abloh

US Vogue Digital Edition

Pier Pressure

Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Stylist: Alex Harrington
Hair: Mustafa Yanaz
Makeup: Jen Myles
Cast: Fran Summers, Adut Akech

Shot on location in Italy

US Vogue Digital Edition

Kendall is the pleasant surprise in this issue. The editorial is nice and sweet in a pedestrian way, and there are no solo shots of Vittoria, which gives Kendall room to shine.

And she fails spectacularly at it. It really is astounding, five years and countless opportunities later, she still brings nothing to the table, she might as well be replaced by a CGI character.
Indeed! Still can’t get over the fact how incredibly dull Kendull is. She is still such a bad model. She is not giving anything. There’s no spark. No joy. Nothing.

She's a beauty, and I love her flapper hair, but everything else here is dull.
Tyler is not a great photographer, but I'm not gonna be mad about a black photographer booking these kinds of high profile jobs, so kudos to him. It does seem like Anna is only using him to shoot her chosen black and biracial celebs. Hmm..

And this is exactly why high fashion is so basic these days.

When social justice and identity-politics guilts people into supporting and praising an otherwise mediocre photographer into a high profile position, someone who's incapable of creative and daring vision that high fashion need to thrive on. His efforts literally epitomizes dime-a-dozen.

We are so deep in creative lesser times now. Rather, content only in the color of an individual’s skin as promotion of supposed new talent (because this somehow rectifies the injustices of the past when a genuinely talented POC photographer were denied the job…). But these are the dire fashion times we’re in, where mediocrity rules simply because kidz weened on SM can relate to someone who doesn’t challenge/provoke their safe sensibility and feel a sense of social and cultural superiority for simply supporting an individual for being Black, and nothing else. I mean, he isn’t unskilled. Just that anyone can shoot like Tylor if they bother to invest the time in a photography course at their local college— or just read any photo publication. And privileged enough to have the support of Beyonce LOL And add to that Zendaya— the posterchild for the I-can’t-relate-to-anyone-who’s-not-the-same-ethnicity/race/religion-as-me brigade… And it’s all a collective of mediocrity that has absolutely nothing to do with the daring vision that defines HF :sigh:

(But then again, Anna’s Vogue hasn’t been relevant in the context of HF for over well over a decade, so who cares. Her Vogue continues to transparently display nothing more than a paid subscription of women’s department-store catalogue for Hollywood PR. Only when her sort of consumer-mediocrity start to infest a superior Vogue like Emmanuelle’s, will I then give up on HF.)

Kendall is the new Trentini. She's in every issue of this... I still prefer her VI ed, nothing beats that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->