US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

I like the cover. I think it's appealing to most consumers and she looks great in that pink dress. I'd imagine the inside spread will be much more interesting though.

The idea of 'deserving' a Vogue cover has never sat well with me, as if there's some magic formula where you then qualify for a cover (new film + wearing Lanvin/Balenciaga to a few premieres + appearing at lesser known designer shows = cover!).
However, much like Barack's GQ/VF covers there is no one else I'd rather see on covers right now. The same can be said for Michelle, and, right now I'd prefer her over any actress or model.

"Yes i hear ya, but all the achieving was done by Barack. What has SHE done other than marry the guy?"

behind every great man, there is truly, usually a great woman..I think Barack would be the first to admit that..

Yes i hear ya, but all the achieving was done by Barack. What has SHE done other than marry the guy?

Are you serious. Everyone knows how important the wife of a president is to his image. Michelle was active on the campaign and spoke at rallies. Michelle is not sitting on the sidelines.

Anyways, the cover is safe and boring. The makeup looks horrible so far.

wow. somehow i am coming off as an anti-feminist :-O
Lets put it this way - if the Obamas were white, would everyone still be so supportive and non-judgemental of them? i dont think Vogue is racist since they put any and every first lady on their cover. heck, they put ANYONE on their covers....Melania Trump?? Now SHE'S the definition of a trophy wife!

By putting our First Lady on the cover of the March issue, Wintour's definitely sending a message that she likes change :wink:

Or just that she realises this could be a really big selling issue for her :innocent:

ugh not a pretty cover:doh:, I find it soo strange to see a president's wife on a cover of such a glosse magazine as Vogue, it might be common for the US, I don't know but I think it's somehow wrong:unsure:

Lets put it this way - if the Obamas were white, would everyone still be so supportive and non-judgemental of them? i dont think Vogue is racist since they put any and every first lady on their cover. heck, they put ANYONE on their covers....Melania Trump?? Now SHE'S the definition of a trophy wife!

Wow, change has finally arrived. :rolleyes:

I like the design of the cover and that it's not crowded with so much text.

I don't have any problems with Michelle, she's great. my problem is Annie Leibovitz:ninja: she is such an overrated photographer imo!

i'd say it's a neat cover..the composition is good and nice to see
and congrats Michelle:wink:

incredible arms btw

Cover is whatever, I'm not disappointed because I didn't expect much, but it definitely isn't worse than most of the US Vogue covers...if anything it's maybe even better in a sense that there isn't text overload.

Where is the text overload, and the huge numbers? :woot:
I quite like the cover, but Michelle's expression is a turn off.

It's a lovely cover. The stupid US Vogue banner is gone and there not a lot of headlines either.
Michelle's dress is very pretty and it gives off a cozy, homely vibe.
Do we know the contents?

Her smile might be a bit weird, but overall I have to say I really like this cover :woot: great styling, great location, great woman and very wise to stint font ^_^

1973438.vogue_michelle_obama_na_vogue_vogue_334_469.jpg

1973440.vogue_michelle_obama_na_vogue_vogue_334_469.jpg

Source: rgvogue.com.br

It's not anti-feminist that you're coming off as

looks like she wasnt styled at all for this ed! it looks as if she's wearing all her own clothes as well.

this is very refreshing!

I'm really looking forward to this issue.. the pictures look great! Looking forward to seeing more, and reading Michelle's interview.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dm4048a
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->