US Vogue March 2010 : Tina Fey by Mario Testino

Are people going to cry because everyone isn't in love with Tina Fey?
she has 0 relevance to fashion and comes accross as someone that doesn't care abotu fashion and would criticize those who love fashion.

Again the whole idea is very mediocre. Hope the copntents make up for this.

Having spent years of my life working in this environment, it comes from deep inside me that the commercial pressures of the print industry shouldn't ever be used as a convenient excuse to peddle certain things when you're actually in a position to change them.

when you're involved in a production for a magazine with a circulation of over
a million at some point you'd have to sacrifice your philosophies in favor of
public demand. thus speaking US Vogue can't stray over their usual attack for
their magazines lest they horrify their readers with something too innovative or
avantgarde for their taste. they've done well with this issue though, clearly Tina
Fey on the cover augured well for the marketing side. 500pages is a major
feat for a nonSeptember issue nowadays :lol::flower:

I want to see a 30 Rock episode where Tina mocks the cover of the mag... like "the woman who looks like me but she´s thinner" or something like that :smile:

Is the mag out yet?

It's out in Brazil. It's been out since yesterday there. I have a relative in Brazil who is going to send me one for free! Lucky me, can't afford to buy many magazines now.

↑ Lucky you! I might have to wait until next week to get a copy. :( I hope it's REALLY thick.

Is it really out in Brazil? Like for sure? I'd find that weird... but if it's true I could look it up.

It's out in São Paulo. All the major "bancas" have it.

Should I be the first to get one I'll be very pleased to do a review and also to scan editorials. My scanner isn't the best but it works. But I don't know how long it will take it to get to Portugal. I know they are sending it to me today by express mail but with Carnaval and all that stuff, I may just get it a week from today, I don't know but I promise that if no one has done a review by then I'll do it, IAmLordZen!

. . .:doh:

If no one has this by tomorrow, i'll buy it and post a review. I know it's probably out here, or should be by tomorrow.

when you're involved in a production for a magazine with a circulation of over a million at some point you'd have to sacrifice your philosophies in favor of public demand. thus speaking US Vogue can't stray over their usual attack for their magazines lest they horrify their readers with something too innovative oravantgarde for their taste.

It's difficult for me to articulate my precise point because I'm referring to 'the topic that cannot be discussed'. I'm not talking about being adventurous or avant-garde, I'm talking about the decision to alter someone's body in that way, something which this magazine does have some say about.

This publication helps set the tone for what's deemed acceptable in terms of this topic and I passionately believe there is space for them to make better decisions on their representation than what I see on this cover, considering the theme. On an issue which is supposed to sell the notion of power, why turn her into half the person she is?

Sure, the cover has to provide an uncomplicated fantasy, so tidy the hair, add a glow, make her face the camera in a way that doesn't show the scar, but there isn't any real need to go as far as inventing a new body for her. We know what she looks like, she's perfectly fine, it's not anti-commercial to let that be what we see, but instead, she's whittled away.

That said, most cover stars are 'created' from reconstituted body parts, so why should the annual power issue actually provide anything new, even though the magazine itself does have the power to demonstrate that their use of the word is more than mere window dressing.

OMG! It's already out there before the US release. Wow! OMG, review

Sure, the cover has to provide an uncomplicated fantasy, so tidy the hair, add a glow, make her face the camera in a way that doesn't show the scar, but there isn't any real need to go as far as inventing a new body for her. We know what she looks like, she's perfectly fine, it's not anti-commercial to let that be what we see, but instead, she's whittled away.

This I have to agree with. Vogue should embrace some changes on this 'topic that could not be discussed'.

Good for Tina! I'm not too impressed by the cover, but I do hope her editorial is much better.

her ed from vogue.com

3515pp1.jpg

mj1jb7.jpg

wtdnqp.jpg

and a better cover
vdfhtv.jpg

the ed is kind of boring and god it's TESTINO AGAIN!!!! :angry:
the cover is the best shot IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Boring ed! Imho, her ed for Bazaar was better, more simple but better! She's too photoshopped here. Thank you for posting, kellydior. Mchunu, a review before I get my copy of this issue will be great! Advance thanks!

Boring ed! Imho, her ed for Bazaar was better, more simple but better! She's too photoshopped here. Thank you for posting, kellydior. Mchunu, a review before I get my copy of this issue will be great! Advance thanks!

your welcome ^_^:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->