US Vogue November 2007 : Jennifer Connelly by Mario Testino

kissmesweet

Reaction score

VOGUE.COM

I saw the cover today in Dymocks, Hong Kong. The freaky-deaky-early issues are really expensive, so I didn't get it... well anyway, just to let you guys know...

- Jennifer Connelly by Mario Testino (Cover, editorial and article.) (She actually looks quite beautiful.)

- There's a white-canvas editorial with Coco Rocha and Raquel Zimmerman. By Steven Meisel. It doesn't sound as bad, really. It's quite cute. :wink:

- There's another editorial by Norman Jean Roy featuring an article about designers with beautiful photos of Doutzen Kroes! :woot:

- Could be a mis-ID, but I see one of the Raydar sisters and Caroline Trentini (Oh gee, that's new. Although I must admit, she does look good. ^_^) by Irving Penn.

- Another editorial by Raymond Meier with the lovely Suvi Koponen.

- Finally the regular Vogue US INDEX pages with Lily Cole, Kate Moss, Lily Donaldson, Raquel Zimmerman, Hana Soukupova, Chanel Iman, Agyness Deyn.

Sorry, I haven't got any previews. It's bad enough that I typed all this up on my mobile... so I didn't bother taking photos. :lol: Enjoy the info! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? :rolleyes: This sounds like a broken record every month. But I do like Jennifer Connelly, so yeah for that. Thanks for the info though...

Thanks for posting!!

Jennifer Connelly :woot:
I loved her 04 cover, so I hope this is wonderful too. What is the theme??

oh and Trentini :lol:

Also waiting to see the articles of the designers.

Seem s a great issue. Funny that it's Jennifer for the november issue again She was also on the november 2004 cover preceded by Charlize on the october cover, just like now.

here is the cover from ebay:
2ec2_12.JPG

I like the colours.

I looove the cover :wub:
EXCEPT THE TEXT RUINS IT!!!!!
What is she wearing?

Although I don't like Aniston much, I think Bazaar's cover is better for november. Brighter colors, better headlines. I'd rather read the Bags & Shoes Special, Best Beauty Buys in the Collector's edition, the 140th anniversary issue than the topics Vogue offers on their cover.
But I won't buy them anyway.

aniot7.jpg
bazrk1.jpg

hmm..i'm disappointed..
i really like jennifer connelly..
and i think she has the potential to look AMAZING and really edgy..

but this just looks bad imo..
her pose is awkward...the angle of her face isnt great..
and that dress does nothing for her..

:(..

could've been so good..

I love the depth of the dark blue of the dress; the overall colour scheme... I like it. As for Jennifer, she's not an overused cover choice; I just wish they had her in a pose that did her more justice. She almost looks conflicted that she's on the cover of US Vogue, as if she knows she should do the supermodel thing and fling her hair about... but doesn't really want to.

But I'm talking as if I'm actually going to buy it. The only issue I've bought recently was September's - and only because it was 'the big one'. It's going to take more than this to make me fall in love with US Vogue again.

I don't mind actresses, I'm reconciled to that - I want to see more imaginative covers with these actresses. Casting my mind back - like Drew Barrymore in the lions' den, or that December cover where Nicole Kidman played a vampire showgirl. And you could do a lot with Jennifer Connolly. She has presence, she has intelligence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a disappointing cover,i thought they would do better with Jennifer,i liked her first cover and she is not only talented but beautiful aswell.I will wait till i see a clearer image though....
Kissmesweet thanks for the info.

Boring cover...

And the text... Are they mad? It´s terrible... :furious:

The magazine is already available in Los Angeles!

the cover seems ok...(please no celebs vs models debate... it's official now... Vogue is the way it is...)
but her profile looks weird on that tiny picture...
i like the dress...
someone wit A better Eye... what is it?
Is this girl the Autumn girl to Anna W. ???? It's twice on Nov. cover for her...
i think that's funny to choose the cover girls regarding the seasons and months...

I don't mind the cover at all. Looks like great colors, very nice dress and an interesting pose. She may be an actress, but she looks like a model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->