US Vogue March 2014 : Rihanna by David Sims

I don't ever remember seeing an only girl edit with an Asian model in us vogue, how shameful that its taken this long.

Navia Nguyen, a Vietnamese-American model, was featured in an only girl edit (possibly two) back in 1994. Not defending Vogue, lol. Their track record is less than stellar in terms of steady diversity.

Hearts in my eyes for feminine mystique! I don't ever remember seeing an only girl edit with an Asian model in us vogue, how shameful that its taken this long. But fei fei more then delivers, I'm ready for Caroline trentini levels of exposure of her in this magazine!
Totally agree with you. Better late than never, though! Fei Fei looks sensational!

Ahhh to be 21 going on 22 and owning a beautiful home like that, out of her own well earned income. So proud of Karlie.

I actually ADORE Rihanna's ed! It's sexy and cool! We've already seen her channelling Jessica Rabbit and living amongst nature so kudos to Sims! ps second time a cover girl is wearing jeans on the actual cover after Micaela? :wink:

Navia Nguyen, a Vietnamese-American model, was featured in an only girl edit (possibly two) back in 1994. Not defending Vogue, lol. Their track record is less than stellar in terms of steady diversity.

Ah thanks for the info! Lets hope it doesn't take them another 20 years to do it again!

My heart hurts that the stunning American Gothic editorial was wasted on Edie, also the hair style is horrid.

I can see what you mean, Edie might seem right for UK vogue but she just ruins it for me every time I see her in US vogue.....I'm really a huge fan of Grace's work, but I wish she'd stop using her

I was so bored today that I picked up the issue. I have to say that I've grown more interested in the FOB images than the main eds.. mostly bc Vogue actually uses cool photographers that show some variety. LOVED Saoirse Ronan by Angelo Pennetta which accompanies a Simone Rocha profile. So glad Simone is getting featured!!

Camilla did a lovely job with her stories, but Tabitha wasted a lot of pages IMO. It seems she has lost what was originally cool about her, and now her work resembles that of a knockoff Tonne/Grace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually Japanese model Ayumi Tenabe had one solo editorial shot by Steven Meisel in May 1998 issue. That might be the latest solo Asian model ed before Fei Fei's.

QUOTE:
Originally Posted by iriswills View Post

Nadia's spread is not for US Vogue though right?. I believe one is for Vogue Paris and the other one for German Vogue. Amazing feat for a girl those days.

Fei Fei must have ticked some kind of fashion button. OG in Vogue Italia (twice), Vogue Paris and now Vogue US. Cant wait to see where this will lead.

Nadia's spread is not for US Vogue though right?. I believe one is for Vogue Paris and the other one for German Vogue.

I have the US Vogues with Navia's editorials in them: Rethinking Mink and Calvin's Flip Side. :smile:

Starry mentioned Ayumi Tanabe too. I forgot about her beautiful edit! I just mentioned Navia as one example of an Asian model with an only-girl edit. :flower:

(Oh, and Valerie Celis by Ellen von Unwerth in 1995... I'm sure other girls too. Still under-represented.)

I have the US Vogues with Navia's editorials in them: Rethinking Mink and Calvin's Flip Side. :smile:

Starry mentioned Ayumi Tanabe too. I forgot about her beautiful edit! I just mentioned Navia as one example of an Asian model with an only-girl edit. :flower:

(Oh, and Valerie Celis by Ellen von Unwerth in 1995... I'm sure other girls too. Still under-represented.)

Ah thanks for the title. I just saw it. And also for Valerie Celis!

UHQ (plus cover without text & one additional shot :flower:)

"Stylin' With Riri"
Rihanna by David Sims

reccalee.com

Preview of Full Spectrum

2zeikbq.jpg

instagram/gracemahary

Dries Van Noten: Garden Of Eden
Photographer:
Francois Halard
Editors: Hamish Bowles & Miranda Brooks

Digital Edition Vogue US

A Fine Romance
Ph: Peter Lindbergh
Fashion Editor: Tabitha Simmons
Menswear Editor: Michael Philouze
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Makeup: Stephane Marais
Models: Lara Stone, Kit Harington
fashionscansremastered.net

additional

same source

Photographer: Norman Jean Roy
Designer & Models: Karl Lagerfeld with Heather Marks, Magda Laguinge, Joan Smalls, Stella Tennant & Crystal Renn
Styling: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make Up: Peter Philips

Digital Edition Vogue US

Photographer: Tom Munro
Celeb: Lorde
Styling: Tabitha Simmons
Hair: Bok-Hee
Make Up: Lisa Houghton
Nails: Megumi Yamamoto

Digital Edition Vogue US

Users who are viewing this thread