US Vogue March 2022 : Kim Kardashian by Carlijn Jacobs

I must say I was confused with the cover, I wish the could have chosen another pic, but the editorials are beautiful.

It's the best she's look ... but it might b/c she was photoshopped to look like Naomi.

Love the Loewe dress. and that's all i like....the lack of human expression because of the heavy post-production is the worst...oh i like the gradient background.

And there seems to be no mention of it being a 'big fashion issue' so maybe March has become no different to any other month. I wonder in which year they stopped boasting on the March cover about their page count.

I looked this up because I was curious, the last March issue with a page count was March 2015.

One thing I will give the cover credit for, I've already used the cover-line as a joke with a few friends. It's quotable, but for the wrong reasons.

Potentially.

It does seem to speak, though, of this new social virtue of selfishness. Not that long ago, selflessness was a virtue. I'm beginning to wonder if we could all stand to start thinking a bit selflessly again. It seems to bear greater fruits. Every article on Vogue these days is a think piece on how so-and-so "discovered herself through haircare," or "learned to focus on herself through shopping," or "created an identity of self care through skin care," or "how my mental health was refocused by taking a break." It's super, super frivolous.

Of course, frivolous is to be expected for Vogue, to a certain degree. I'm just speaking more from noticing a cultural trend of extreme narcissism dressed up as "wellness."

Your hypothetical think piece quotes made me laugh. Lmao. Absolutely accurate. Fashion by its very nature is frivolous, but the current trend of everything needing to be "socially-conscious" has driven these magazines to dressing up every frivolousness as a social cause. It's so ridiculous, but it keeps at bay the wrath of the Twitter activists.

The more you post the cover, more I like it. I can't stand her, and I wish I can forget who she is to enjoy this beautiful cover, but I said it millions times before: she photographs so well. I see Yasmeen Ghauri mixed with Audrey Marnay for French Vogue. This looks like an Ethan James Green portrait too, but I love Carlijn as well (so proud to see her working for major publications). And those colors are gorgeous. The fact that they're doing a better job in terms of visuals make me clap them. Sad that at the same time French and Italian Vogue became regulars editions of this magazine when in the past both were bigger than any commercial magazine, even the main bible.

Kim is a stunningly beautiful woman, and this cover would be perfect, except for her startled to be dead expression.
The colors are great, and the editorial is mostly good. That closeup portrait, would have made an iconic cover image.
I love Kim, love everything about her. Great businesswoman, loves fashion, smart as a whip, effective, and influential social activist, and on her way to becoming a lawyer.
That's why she's on the cover of Vogue. Cope.:wink:

diet prada has become a woke menace. Always reaching for grievances, for imaginary injustices, that have nothing to do with them.
They're destructive, and evil. I really hope Dolce and Gabbana win their case, and flush them.

diet prada has become a woke menace. Always reaching for grievances, for imaginary injustices, that have nothing to do with them.
They're destructive, and evil. I really hope Dolce and Gabbana win their case, and flush them.

Agreed...

So you don't believe that Anna Wintour is past it and needs to retire?
In American law, you have to opportunity to never go to retire. They don't have retire age. Years of work are important - minimum 10 years on employment contract.:innocent:.

It'd be quite funny if Vogue end up getting mixed up in the current brouhaha over her insisting her daughter be on social media. But maybe that would be a blessing in disguise for Vogue. Free publicity and such. God knows they need it.

Such a greedy woman. I am not surprised. Toys review market is a huge cash cow, but the kids influencer market are very scary. In reality kids should have very limited contact with electronics when their so young because is not good for their development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->