US Vogue September 2006 : Kirsten Dunst by Annie Leibovitz

me too :P knowing us vogue though the chance is great that I might be disappointed...

I do find her really boring - but then again this is US Vogue, they're probably trying to calm it down after putting a model on the cover of last months Vogue.

I love Kirsten! She has great style. Maybe she is not a classic beauty but I like her unique look!

I am having a hard time believing this issue is out and that Kirsten is actually on the cover... there is nothing out there to support it. Also, what about all those articles claiming her Vogue re-shoot that happened quite recently?

Last edited by a moderator:
I find her cute, but not quite the beauty-from-heaven type, and I think she's an average actress. Anyways, I think this particular cover shot is really good.

L.A.Gant said:
I am having a hard time believing this issue is out and that Kirsten is actually on the cover... there is nothing out there to support it. Also, what about all those articles claiming her Vogue re-shoot that happened quite recently?

Indeed, US Vogue's September Cover is usually kept quite secret until the week its about to be released. No photos, no news and then a publicity rush with images of the cover in order to build excitement.

Her reshoot was quite recent as well. Seems odd that it would be all ready to go in such a short period of time.

I like Kirsten and think she's got great style but is she really Sept. cover material? I don't think she's that known for her fashion sense in the public, I personally love what she wears but its quite quirky and usually US Vogue either goes with a model (nay, supermodel) or one of their deemed fashion icons for the Sept. cover. Though she does have two very high profile projects coming out quite soon (Marie Antionette & Spiderman 3) so it could be possible. That said I'm excited for this issue. Sept US Vogues rarely disappoint me.

Who has been on the Sept covers in previous years?

2006: Kirsten Dunst?

2005: Sarah Jessica Parker

2004: Supermodels - Liya, Gemma, Daria, Natalia, Gisele, Isabeli, Karen E, Hana, Karolina

2003: Nicole Kidman

2002: Kate Hudson

2001: Linda Evangelista

2000: Bridget Hall

1999: Gwyneth Paltrow

1998: Renee Zellweger

1997: Linda Evangelista

1996: Supermodels: Kate Moss, Amber

1995: Supermodels: Shalom, Amber, Kristy H

If anyone could round out the 90s for me I'd love them forever :heart:

Looking at this list makes me almost hope for a Kate cover. I know, I know but its been eons since she's had a US Vogue cover story.

1990 Tatjana Patitz
1991 Linda E
1992 Claudia Schiffer
1993 Linda E
1994 Nadja Auermann

LoveMyBoots said:
As do I :blush:

Well, it's not that much of a surprise... "Marie-Antoinette" seems like the perfect movie to promote on Vogue, but then again, so did "You, Me, and Dupree." (I don't think I will ever let Wintour down on that one.)
:lol: :lol: LovemyBoots me too.That was just uncalled for specially for a magazine of Vogues caliber.The same goes for Umas Super ex girlfriend:yuk: .
Plus the July issue was more boring then a phone book!:innocent: :(

let's keep on topic please...and no rude/bashing posts...

So is it out yet or not? Clo who first ided the cover at Fashist talks about the cover saying that:

QUOTE "Kirsten is dressed in pink a la Marie Antoinette with her hair and everything.
The issue says it has 754 pages of fashion and is called the Fall Extravaganza
."

I have a strong feeling Oct. might feature Nicole Kidman. Doesn't she have that biopic coming out then?

I can't wait to see the new cover. I really like her old Vogue cover, especially the fey like way her hand is...

L.A.Gant said:

I agree....only time will tell if it's right or not ^_^

I'm so sorry for spamming the thread only about the movie itself. :lol::P When will the new Vogue issue be released?

PS. The soundtrack was really really special, yes :lol:

There will be an ed in this issue with Hye Park, Lily Donaldson,Raquel Zimmerman, Liya Kebede and Hana S. The news was posted awhile ago in the Hye park thread :flower:.Info was taken from Hye Park's blog!.

^ Oh, that's right! Irina Lazareanu as well! :woot:

posted by oxymoron in Irina's thread:

"Bad quality, but apparently a preview of a September US Vogue editorial"
usvogue0mn.jpg

cyworld

Damn, I forgot to mention Irina :blush:
Thanks for posting it here polka

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members