US Vogue September 2023 : Linda, Cindy, Christy & Naomi by Rafael Pavarotti

It's weird because i feel i need to copy my comments on both threads hahaha

Anyway...I agree that Claudia should have been included but as this is an Apple sponsored content, makes sense...maybe she didnt want to be part of the documentary on the first place, we don't know all that happened behind the scenes...

And i think Cindy have the same right to be there as the others....in fact she is the only one who made the crossover to the commercial side and became a public figure even for those outside the fashion stratosphere. Remember that she was like the girl next door type and worked the same with Meisel and did Versace campaigns, Alaia Runways, and Vogue Italia covers,etc...

And the Supers where the supers because the were like Rockstars in a time when models weren't supposed to be as well known.

But the outcome is really bad, Rafael was not the right photographer for this project,and this is how the media is blindsided. If the project was to photographed the supers seen as many different eyes, ok maybe he could be included as the superficial point of view...but he is there because what he represents and not for his point or view or talent. And we are collateral damaged because we received this mediocre editorial.

I still think art and commerce can be done in a very beautiful way,but for that you need passion and not only passion for money or engagement...

So what has happened to Linda's face since her solo cover in 2022? Im guessing she has had corrective work done as she is no longer wrapped up?
And apologies, I should know this. Why do her and Naomi not like each other?

According to Vogue Mexico's IG the September Issue will be a global edition. Looks like the editorial will be printed in every sister publication of Vogue.

More cover’s . I love it :smilingwhearteyes:

More cover’s . I love it :smilingwhearteyes:
I'm not sure covers. Vogue Japan and China didn't reprint the covers. But the article and the portfolio will be shared. It's the first time they do it with a main story from US/UK. Wish they shared Margot Robbie photos at the time.

I know I am late to the party but this is just ... not good.
It looks like Real Housewives of 'Something' that got together for their first ever cover.

On the positive side, Linda looks much better than during her Vogue UK / Fendi comeback (not sure if it is just photoshop or she has managed to get something done with her body/face issues).
Cindy on the cover (in the editorial) and the one in the video is not the same person. Just overly photoshopped.
Naomi does not look like a real human person (in both the photos and the video) for quite some time now.
Christy has most visibly (naturally) aged out of all of them - but I still find her the most beautiful. She reminds me of Audrey Hepburn when she was a bit older.

Surprised nobody is clamouring for Kate, lol. So the cover is surprisingly well received in general, and getting a lot of buzz.
I think it might be a best-seller for Vogue. They've had at least, what 11 model covers since 2020 (most of them OG!) which is an incredible feat considering their history. There's definitely a renewed interest in models right now, the ones with a large profile and following of course. Hope more model covers are coming.

Still can't believe Cindy's last US Vogue cover was in 1994, and Linda's in 2006. Correct me if I'm wrong! :womouth:

From what I've gathered, this cover has received a plethora of criticism due to excessive retouching. Social media was flooded with negative comments one after the other. Perhaps it's better received within a specific "bubble"?

So Linda still with the record of most September covers? Now with 4.

I purposefully avoided the editorial images in this thread because I wanted to see them in print. Picked up my copy at the newsstand yesterday. I can't believe we got these 4 together and the budget is almost non-existent. The same, blue background for every image? Unbelievable. A complete waste.

I purposefully avoided the editorial images in this thread because I wanted to see them in print. Picked up my copy at the newsstand yesterday. I can't believe we got these 4 together and the budget is almost non-existent. The same, blue background for every image? Unbelievable. A complete waste.

Can you please do the review of the other editorials inside? Thanks!

Please post a review of the issue. I'm curious about the other editorials. I'd also like to know if they included the winners of their open casting. Thank you. :heartsuit:

why shoot it on different colours and change them all to that awful blue?

I don't want to be rude, but honestly, the pictures are embarrassing... Is it the hair (specially Linda's hair) ? is it Photoshop? Is it the questionable styling? But Rafael Pavarotti didn't succeed to catch the magic...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evanadit
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->