V Magazine #133 Winter 2021 : Madonna by Steven Klein

DK92

Reaction score
20210918_V_MADONNA_07A_OVERHEAD_NIKON_314_R1_FINAL_CROP_CMYK_300dpi_720x.jpg

V Magazine.

I can't believe this is a new cover. It looks so good compared to Rolling Stones.

Stuuning cover, it's will be better than her other cover of Rolling Stone.

I´m beyond caring about her face, I´m here for this styling and vibe :smile:

I feel like Madonna channeling Marilyn Monroe by Bert Stern has been done to death at this point. First by Meisel in the early 90s, then by Mert and Marcus circa 2011 and now by Klein. I get deja vu looking at this cover and I won't even comment on the ridiculous blur effect.

Bert Stern, Marilyn Monroe With Pearls, 1962.

bert-stern-marilyn-monroe-with-pearls.jpg
artnet.com

It's an absolutely stunning cover. I only wish I was a subscriber, so I could get it.
Madonna and Klein are always a genius duo, and I'm sure their channeling of Marilyn will be both exquisite, and ironic.
No matter who Madonna is paying homage to, it's never dress up, because she's a star. That always shines through.
Can't wait to see the full story, and the other 4 covers. V is really going all in with this issue. I'm buying every single one I can find.

This looks fantastic!! I was expecting another s&m, leather inspired shoot but this is a welcome change.

I’m not sure how to feel. It’s striking and a good photo, but it also feels a little desperate.

She always wanted to be Dietrich so bad but in fact she looks more and more like Mae West (mixed with a little bit of Norma Desmond) with each passing day...

Repeat after me: aging is a fact of life, that you're better off accepting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->