W Magazine March 2009 : Madonna by Steven Klein

omg madonna's ed looks like a scream for help but at least she doesn't look cheap as she used to which i think a good move for her haha..
teller and meisel and mcdean's eds are so boring it seems like they're totally running out of fresh ideas so the whole issue is a great dissapointment for me
the only shot that made me laugh:

sorry i couldn't resist

Agree with you..

I have to say I love what I see: pure, unsaturated Newton-esque sex and glamour. Honestly, I have become annoyed with Madonna and thinks she's beginning to look like a monster, but she looks amazing in these shots. It is very early 90's Madonna. When she looked her best! I can't wait to get this issue.

The cover has this slight strange leg and sex thing that makes it a new Newton in respect.

But this is indeed quintessential Madonna and Madonna is indeed an evolving brand.

Very sexual, strong but the new difference in this one her character (in the shoot, not reality since i don't know Madonna) shows a weak side.

One shot has her head down, hair covering her face at a younger mans feet.

Another shot as the "older woman" hunching down at her prize at the pool.

Intoxicating and glamorous story. A kind of Rich Woman's spring break...:wink:

LOUIS

Is this out in the UK or Ireland yet? I can't find it anywhere.. :unsure: All the other March US magazines are out except this.

Gary the official on sale date in UK was saturday 07March.
This might differ slightly in certain areas, but I work for a magazine distributor and it is in stores in the North of England at least.:flower:

Gary the official on sale date in UK was saturday 07March.
This might differ slightly in certain areas, but I work for a magazine distributor and it is in stores in the North of England at least.:flower:
Thank You Northern Star. I have not been able to find it here yet anywhere. Its one of those magazines they have 1 month and then not the other :(
New magazines come out here on Thursdays so I will check again then. :wink:

Very one just shut up! shes being nostalgic of who she was and who she still is. Unlike most artist she can do what ever the hell she wants. Stop hating on the Material Girl and I mean that literally!!! Have a good day!

Dominica
Photographed by Juergen Teller
Styled by Camilla Nickerson
Models Raquel Zimmerman, Lily Cole, Ajuma Nasanyana, Devon Aoki

scanned by t-rex

Timewarp
Photographed by Craig McDean
Styled by Alex White
Model Ymre Stiekema

noirfacade.livejournal

Timewarp 2/2

noirfacade.livejournal

Always loved the 'Timewarp' edit and the layout/superimposition feels so natural and logical compared to a lot of "clever" layouts today.

Also always appreciated 'Dominica' for its lush scenery and vivid colours. This issue, despite being one of W's weaker ones at the time is actually 'piece de resistance' worthy compared to the sh*te 98% of magazines are producing now!

Law and Order
Photography: Steven Meisel
Styling: Alex White
Hair: Guido Palau
Make-up: Pat McGrath
Manicure: Jin Soon Choi
Set Design: Mary Howard
Models: Daisy Lowe, Eden Clark, Eliza Cummings, Portia Freeman, Amy Greenhough

artandcommerce

Just googled these models. I didn’t even know Peaches had died. It makes me sad when anyone dies so young.

Thanks for posting all these gems, @aracic! It's funny how I didn't really rate Meisel's ed back then, but it looks like a masterpiece compared to what's being published these days. His signature humour and irony are out in full force here.

Teller's ed was amazing back then and it's amazing now. His W work with Camilla was always a highlight (Tilda's September 2008 ed springs to mind :heart:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->