Valentino F/W 2020.21 Paris

At least it wasn’t a copy paste job from couture.
I actually wouldn’t mind it from him...I actually want the spirit from Couture. Alexandre Vauthier actually does that (even if it’s more because he has a small house). His RTW is almost the copy paste from the Couture. What makes his Couture different from the RTW is the actual techniques (he works with all the Metiers d’Arts of Chanel except Massaro) and the actual customer service you get from Couture.
I would have loved to find the beautiful colors and sophisticated silhouettes of the Couture. Valentino is not everyday life (for me) so it got to be special I think.

I actually wouldn’t mind it from him...I actually want the spirit from Couture. Alexandre Vauthier actually does that (even if it’s more because he has a small house). His RTW is almost the copy paste from the Couture. What makes his Couture different from the RTW is the actual techniques (he works with all the Metiers d’Arts of Chanel except Massaro) and the actual customer service you get from Couture.
I would have loved to find the beautiful colors and sophisticated silhouettes of the Couture. Valentino is not everyday life (for me) so it got to be special I think.

The difference with Vauthier is that his execution with this model is better.

I find the volumes and cuts to be overwhelming when PPP has done this for RTW and it falls flat. I haven't seen him execute it properly.

I believe Lola and I have discussed this in other Valentino threads, but I really think he needs to approach the RTW completely differently.

Whether or not I always love everything from the couture, it at least manages to feel like Valentino in its operatic excess.

The RTW, in the other hand, feels like Philip Lim.

Valentino is not an arty brand. PPP would be wise to revisit the house’s early 00’s archive. Give me a slim trouser, a stiletto, a shrunken mohair cardigan and a pair of sunglasses please.

He should consider a more casual - albeit a very moneyed casual - attitude for the RTW. That’s Valentino.

His RTW collections look like it completely comes from a different atelier. It feels like the conception creates in a corporate marketing department. There is a huge disconnection to to his couture show. Only recently RTW collections I enjoyed were resort 19 and pre-fall 18. It has that Valentino iconic signature with a sense of style. This collection comes off extremely forgettable and basic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->