Valentino F/W 2015.16 Paris

Gorgeous collection like always. And finally something new.

I am so freaking tired of black and white optical prints and patchwork fur. I know its not Valentino's fault that they show at the end of fashion month, but it was seriously every other show. If I am over it now, I am going to be insane by the time the stuff starts appearing in stores and editorials.

On a positive note, Derek and Hansel look great as ever. I am super excited for their runway comebacks.

I'm really sick of the US celebrities in the fashion world, it's time to get rid of them, we have more than enough with those tacky movies that they produce.

I can't believe what I'm reading. How can people not know what Zoolander is. Seriously download and watch the film immediately. It's a cult classic.

Saw this on WWD.com -

"Valentino creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli said filming on “Zoolander 2” is already underway in Rome. “We met them and there was a good relationship,” said Chiuri, adding that the actors came up with the idea for the stunt. “We said, ‘Why not?’ "

I can´t believe they´ve got this exclusive! the internet is going crazy :stuart: everyone is talking about the label even if they don´t know anything about it...
I wouldn´t associate Valentino with Zoolander´s aesthetics, more like Cavalli maybe? :Pink:

I'm pleasantly surprised to see so much support for Ben and Owen making appearances at the end! The fashion world definitely needs some comedic relief every now and again.

Cara, Kendall, Gigi...you ladies are dismissed. Derek and Hansel win fashion week.

I'm actually not completely hating the collection itself. That graphic opening and monochrome closing passage feel a little bit fresh for the brand, and lord knows it could use an injection of something even slightly unexpected.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FatalefashionIII

I am actually annoyed that Valentino has started doing the Chanel thing of presenting 90 looks in one collection. The whole concept of a collection is thrown out of the window because no matter how beautiful the clothes, all you have is a mash-up of everything that is potentially going to stores and no real story. I am a firm believer in a shorter show which presents the direction of that particular season, we don't have to see every single unedited idea.

It's always a mixed bag with these two; can't stand the optical illusion prints, but then you have some really simple monochromatic looks and beautifully detailed gowns that seem to hark back to the original ambience of Valentino (or at least more so than anything else I've seen from them).

Zoolander was a nice touch; wish the models would have been half as lively at the end.

I am actually annoyed that Valentino has started doing the Chanel thing of presenting 90 looks in one collection. The whole concept of a collection is thrown out of the window because no matter how beautiful the clothes, all you have is a mash-up of everything that is potentially going to stores and no real story. I am a firm believer in a shorter show which presents the direction of that particular season, we don't have to see every single unedited idea.

It's funny you mention Chanel, because looking at the collection I felt some of the pieces were reminiscent.
I definitely think this pair have upped their game - there is a certain refinement that has come to my notice, maybe it's in the huge variety of textures and good quality, detailed textiles.
But, if the clothes are more refined, then the collection needs to be also, also like you said dodencebt, prisms, feather prints, patchwork lace, what do they have to do with anything? It's a lot of ideas shoved out together.
If Valentino Garavani was to design an 80+ look collection it would incorporate beautiful separates, a wardrobe.

I don't know... Zoolander at the end? Cheapened the whole thing for me, and seemed completely irrelevant. Promoting a film so Valentino is on front pages tomorrow?

The Zoolander thing has nothing to do with anything. It made no sense. It's not the house's DNA. Maybe if it was in the mens show it would make more sense. Here it's really out of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zoolander bit was hilarious, but I would never had imagined Valentino to be the brand involved. They're usually so serious that it seems a bit random lol.

this collection is superb, the coyote fur is cut in such an amazing way, hangs perfectly on the model's body. there's so many desirable and elegant pieces in this collection.

I love how they can stick out with a slightly eye-catching design(not the dragon) and still keep it together in terms of theme and the overall collection in mind.

I loved their couture collection last season and I believe this one is one of their best for RTW

everything from the silhouette to the embroideries and overall sleekness and cut of the clothes is beautiful. well done.

good one it was great show there're a lot of good clothes.

One of their best collections in what feels like ages. Loved all the black and white looks and even the Zoolander clothes looked good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->