Valentino Haute Couture F/W 12.13

Pradable

Reaction score
Valentino HC F/W 12.13 Paris

WmagKarla - twitter

the final look at valentino!

Aw_To7_CCQAEE2xq.jpg

@wmagkarla twitter

What a departure from the several previous collections these two have been doing. I just loved the dark romantic mood that was presented which was a great change from the nude color palette we have been seeing for 2 years now. The dresses had a subtle sexiness to them with the open backs and interesting necklines, the capes were beautiful and finally the gowns had a lot more movement. I also adored all the embroidered as well as velvet pieces.
Another thing I found interesting was that the hair and makeup also got a lot more glamorous and sexy, as there were sleek buns and shiny faces presented. All in all a fantastic show!

Just watched the live streaming, and for some strange reason I kept having a Holly Hobbie/Laura Ingalls feeling, and not in a nice way. For a moment I thought I was being transported back to the early seventies.

They've gone mad with the digital prints, though a re-embroidered jacket was beautiful.

here is a picture of the cieling- perfectly set the mood of this collection :-)

@styledotcom twitter

The first dress looks Mugler, some pieces reminds me of McQueen (the pointed shoulders and the embroidery pattern on the dresses), and the capes are very Gwyneth Paltrow's Tom Ford dress at the Oscar, but overall it seems like the designers managed to mix all these elements and put into a collection, not a bad job. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm quite beautiful, as usual. I actually yawned as I was watching the live stream though..

Can't wait for HQs. The detail - as expected- seemed to be exquisite.

The first dress belongs to the most hideous dress thread.

the second one posted is just amazing. the rest looks a bit different, so far, which is good. but those prints - already hating them

Valentino | Haute Couture Fall Winter 2012/13 | Full Show (Exclusive/You Tube)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tunagurl95
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->