Vanessa Bruno F/W 11.12 Paris

MulletProof

Reaction score
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, I think it's one of the best Vanessa has put out in years.. also reminiscent of early Marant and a bit of Wijants imo.

00010big_320x480.jpg
00020big_320x480.jpg

00030big_320x480.jpg
00040big_320x480.jpg

00050big_320x480.jpg
00060big_320x480.jpg

00070big_320x480.jpg
00080big_320x480.jpg

00090big_320x480.jpg
00100big_320x480.jpg

[vogue.co.uk]

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant! A lot of designers got way too carried away with their collections themes/inspirations this season, but while this was apparently inspired by all things Russian it doesn't feel contrived to me in the least. It's still the well-thought out beautiful and versatile pieces that we've come to expect from her. In motion the pieces flowed and slouched in the most desirable way. The thick woven coat and the velvety pants were nice surprises from her and definitely rate amongst my favorite pieces in this collection.

mullet, thanks for posting this, it is extremely appealing and strong. she is on a roll.

I love the tunic dresses and some of the coats - the looks are very romantic, especially the way they frame the neck and face but it's done in a understated way - you could actually wear this in the city in an everyday way.

agree about the wijnants reference....perhaps a little emma cook as well. i like it though....it feels personal. and she's obviously somebody who doesn't play to the fashion environment which i respect a great deal.

Thanks mulletproof - agree - this collection is full of cozy knits and flowing tops, dresses and bottoms that are stylish and timeless, while still touching on many trends (layering, long coats, asymmetry, fur accents, sheerness). There is a kind of 'lightness of being' to this collection: throw on and go!

love this..I am inspired by the first few looks to wear white again! :heart:

I'm not sure how I feel about the caps- head coverings? But I really like the layering and the long dresses with high boots. The styling just works and really highlights the movement of the individual pieces.

A welcome surprise , indeed. This is her strongest and most memorable show, well, since FW 2006 I think. Aside from the clunker of the short off white tweed jacket paired with the green cord(velvet?) trousers, everything flows harmoniously

The white separates are absolutely outstanding! The collection is so easy, and doesn't overwork the trends. :heart:

Thanks for the pics. Much better prints this time - I thought last season's was really cheap. Surprisingly, I'm loving the green velvet pants.

Here's the video, it's even better in motion:

I love the tunic dresses and some of the coats - the looks are very romantic, especially the way they frame the neck and face but it's done in a understated way - you could actually wear this in the city in an everyday way.
i agree with this completely...

this is the vanessa bruno that i fell in love with...
glad to see her going back to her roots...

thanks for all the pics and the vid...:flower:...

i love the romantic vibe, all the texture and the relaxed silhouette...
the styling is lovely and the boots rock!...
the long flowing dresses are really outstanding...
they move SO beautifully...

*i think these softer dresses would be lovely worn with some of the more sculptural coats we've seen from other designers...
would be a great juxtaposition...

excellent collection...

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"