Christian Dior F/W 11.12 Paris (See Post #1 for thread rules, before posting)

What a disaster... If it wasn't pitiful enough for him to leave the House of Dior in such circumstances, this awful collections is the icing on the cake. There are nice pieces, of course, but overall it's a mess. I hope Galliano recovers soon from this "crisis". He's got the talent.

In the other hand, I love how the atelier team got to close the show. Very touching...

Now let's move on to a new chapter of Dior :flower:

To culminate an entire career at Dior with this collection is just sad.

It is a complete shame that this is what Gallinao's last show has to be. It was a pretty dull show, classic Christian Dior, nothing more than that...

what the hell is that statement from toledano? why even bother making it? it feels so profoundly unnecessary and random. although it probably goes in the other thread, the one about galliano, not this one

No, the statement needs to stay firmly in this thread. It's the single most important post. Because it affirms what is evident from any informed viewing of the looks - this was not the hand of John.

It seems they had some sort of Project Runway type fiasco going on down at the Atelier with each of them randomly knocking up whatever they fancied.

Whoever made the decision to do that should be sacked also. Putting out this ragbag has damaged the brand more than the scandal. If it was on it's knees, now it's on the floor. Who now can possibly buy a Dior garment from this season. It was 'designed' by people who, proficient craftsmen and lovely as I'm sure they are, are not designers.

Show must go on. Business as usual? Well usual price tag no doubt but no thank you.

You know, in hindsight, John's work hasn't really been the same since Steven's death. I hope he's alright.

Since the corporatisation of brands in ie the LVMH and PPR groups, I can only imagine the tensions between creativity and commerce, art and the bottom line to have heightened. And I do wonder if the suits really understand how to properly manage creatives.

For it seems we have some sort of pattern whereby designers seriously struggle with the absence of a mentor or design partner/ confidante: Galliano, Robinson; McQueen, Blow; Decarnin, Alt. And large corporations can feel like cold, lonely, dehumanising places enough to turn the sanest soul nuts so what chance a creative genius 'bereaved' and no doubt without proper 'human' support but just expected to churn it out, a cog in the money machine.

And the decisions over how to manage the show this week - just goes to demonstrate that these 'executives' are not blessed with perfect judgement -anything but.

A garment with a designer label but no designer cannot surely command a designer label price tag. They turned Dior into Project Runway. Unbelievable.

No, the statement needs to stay firmly in this thread. It's the single most important post. Because it affirms what is evident from any informed viewing of the looks - this was not the hand of John.

It seems they had some sort of Project Runway type fiasco going on down at the Atelier with each of them randomly knocking up whatever they fancied.

Whoever made the decision to do that should be sacked also. Putting out this ragbag has damaged the brand more than the scandal. If it was on it's knees, now it's on the floor. Who now can possibly buy a Dior garment from this season. It was 'designed' by people who, proficient craftsmen and lovely as I'm sure they are, are not designers.

Show must go on. Business as usual? Well usual price tag no doubt but no thank you.

You know, in hindsight, John's work hasn't really been the same since Steven's death. I hope he's alright.

Since the corporatisation of brands in ie the LVMH and PPR groups, I can only imagine the tensions between creativity and commerce, art and the bottom line to have heightened. And I do wonder if the suits really understand how to properly manage creatives.

For it seems we have some sort of pattern whereby designers seriously struggle with the absence of a mentor or design partner/ confidante: Galliano, Robinson; McQueen, Blow; Decarnin, Alt. And large corporations can feel like cold, lonely, dehumanising places enough to turn the sanest soul nuts so what chance a creative genius 'bereaved' and no doubt without proper 'human' support but just expected to churn it out, a cog in the money machine.

And the decisions over how to manage the show this week - just goes to demonstrate that these 'executives' are not blessed with perfect judgement -anything but.

A garment with a designer label but no designer cannot surely command a designer label price tag. They turned Dior into Project Runway. Unbelievable.

Oh give me a break. First of all, the majority of this collection was probably finished well before John had his outburst, with large businesses like Dior they sell a good deal of the collection well before the show happens. That the runway presentation is such a mess is certainly due to a lack of creative direction, but perhaps has less to do with Galliano's absence and more to do with a lack of initial, relevant direction.

And please do not blame the "suits", they didn't run out into a cafe making an *** of themselves. I commend them for even going through with the damn show. And some would argue that Galliano made Dior into Project Runway well before this abysmal swan song of a collection. If Galliano's buffoon antics hadn't gotten him fired this collection surely would have. What a terrible note, both in drama and clothes, to end on.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! This is soooo bad.

I mean .. b-list fashion show from Milan (all that fur made me think of Italy, I dont know why).

Indeed there's no thread to unite the whole concept behind it ... I know I should say this but I kinda wanted to see Dior burn after turning their backs on their golden child. Just with this, Im actually afraid that Dior will burn.

The design team at the end .. no one smiled, the models even walked like zombies and were in autopilot. Like everyone's drained ...

And that statement ... they didnt even .. nevermind. This show def takes the cake for the -bad- styling .. is it possible that people from the inside of the house meant to sabotage this show out of respect/care/whatever for John?

I certainly would like to imagine so ...

PS Even to the color palette!!! I mean ... aarrgh!

I agree with a lot of this.

I'd give you karma, but all the people I want to give karma, these days, I no longer can (unless I spread it randomly around, which I don't much feel like doing, TBH).

Having said that, I do still really like much of this collection and enjoyed the maroon/burgundy and blue portion of the show, immensely. :smile:

Liked the hair and make-up, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->