Christian Dior F/W 11.12 Paris (See Post #1 for thread rules, before posting)

last season was unbeatable but..i like some of this. i think the shoes at the end with the criss cross are soo pretty

It's actually not THAT bad. It's beautiful and romantic without being cheesy and wannabe (like the last 3 collections). There's the one long see-through dress on Magdalena which is absolutely stunning.
That being said, this is a crap collection to remember as "Galliano's last collection".

Goodbye Galliano.

The very first look is like JPG gone wrong. But overall this is really not that of a lousy collection as many people claim it to be here. Could it be much better? Yes. Have we seen worse? Yes...

God, that is so bad ^ It looks even worse in HQ, is Dior's stylist blind?!

thanks for the HQ

anyone else notice a few of the girls with the bags that have chain handles are gripping the chains? Like Joan, Candice, Siri.

This was PAINFUL to watch. It`s a real pity JG is going out on this note. What am I supposed to do with this collection? Dry my tears?

Random Thoughts:
  • I like Galliano's English manor shtick, so even though it is a repeated theme, that's fine with me;
  • I wonder if Puss N Boots was on the inspiration board;
  • I liked the boots and shoes;
  • Other than the blue, I liked the other color palette;
  • :heart: the cowl thingee: 1, 2;
  • This look horrified me when I first saw it, and it still does, but the coat, stole and boots are kinda fab;
  • A big problem is that this looks like a thirty piece collection that got stretched into a sixty piece collection, with the additional thirty looks coming from the reject pile of previous Dior and Galliano collections and knock-offs from other designers - who knew that there were folks in the company who are tasked with coming up Dior versions of key looks from Chanel, Valentino and Lanvin?
  • A second problem is that the collection lacked both the forest and trees perspective - pockets of the collection looks like it lacks both finesse and refinement, and I think that an overall vision is there, but its murky. I wonder if this is a big part of what Galliano did in the days leading up to the collection's debut, or if he wasn't doing it directly, he was inspiring people to get it done, or understandably, recent events has thrown everyone off their game, but suffice it to say, this is a hot mess - some looks / sections are better pulled together than others. Of course Galliano could be excessive and has put more than his share of tacky, over-the-top and drag on the catwalk, but Juan Carlos did not veer into this kind of ham-fistedness - this is a bull in the china shop collection;
  • I understand why Galliano had to go but filling his shoes is not going to be easy.

An usual Galliano collection for Dior. That is,great pieces but awfully reminescent of what he already did and a huge lack of excitement
Like everybody said, the styling is indeed terrible, and it makes the collection looks a bit cheap. I mean that first look is the worst way to start a show!!
IMO the dresse, either long or short, are the only interesting things. I like those huge fur scarves, as well as the shoes. Even thoug they're a bit reminescent of the shoes from last Fall.
Finally, I'm happy that its the people of the Atelie who saluted at the ed of the show. Its a really good statement. Its shows, that as genius as he is John isn't the Dior house. Its not because he 's been fired that the house and its legacy will disapear.

Like usual, I'm not impressed. Some of the pieces are nice, but overall it's just a bland collection. I am sad that Galliano is leaving, but honestly I am more focused on the next generation. Dior hasn't been good for some time so hopefully with the appointment of a new head designer it will turn things around. And in response to the styling, it doesn't look good because Galliano wasn't there at the very end when things like that would be decided. Galliano had no part of the completion of the looks and the collection appears worse as a result. -_-

Looking at this collection earlier today the first thought that popped into my mind was that despite every effort to distance the company from John Galliano and the scandal surrounding him and demonstrate that Dior was above the insanity of the situation, this show inadvertently proved just how essential he was to Dior.

I can't say the clothes are bad, but there's no style to this, there's no direction. It's a bunch of fairly pretty though ultimately average clothes jammed together and sent out onto a runway. This collection never should have left the showroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->