Vanity Fair August 2008 : Hollywood's Next Wave by Mark Seliger

I think they meant to include people who are known for actually working, not for being tabloid darlings or scandalous. I guess that's why we wouldn't know who everyone is....

Honestly a lot of the people listed haven't even appeared in anything "grown up" this list seems more appropriate for teen vogue, or cosmo girl. there are hardly any "sophisticated" young actors.

At least when Scarlett Johansson, Kate Hudson, Keira Knightley were on these type of lists they actually had real buzz about their film projects.

I like it.

Taylor Momsen needs to stop using "like" every other word. It's really annoying.

Do any of these folks have any noteworthy talent? All seem like a bunch of attention-whores to me.

I don't know ANY of these people compared to the one from last year!

Wow...I am a "young" person in the US and wow, I hardly recognize these people; I recognize some, but holy moly.... Does this mean that I don't watch enough television?

The people that I do recognize look fabulous, though.

Exactly what I thought!! I'm 21 and think I watch a fair amount of TV, but I recognize maybe 2 or 3 of these people (not including the cast of Gossip Girl). Who are they?!?!

I like this issue, give me unknonwn faces over Nicole Kidman any day of the week, who cares if they're not in "serious" movies, I for one loved Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants a milllion times more than There Will be Blood(which admit it, it was deadly boring.)

I don't recognize any of them.Then again I don't pay attention to tv or movies anymore so I wouldn't know.I could care less about "Young Hollywood".

And I am getting sick of hearing about the freaking Jonas Brothers.

ADC Oh wow most certainly not imho, i LOVED There Will be Blood, but i quite agree that i will take this over one more Nicole Kidman cover. :lol: But we wont esacpe her lol she recently shot with Demarchelier for the cover according to reports.

no Scarlett Johannesson, Natalie Portman or Keira Knightley? :huh:

they've already been featured in the hollywood issue, so clearly they aren't the next new wave...

zoe kravitz had the best answers...
i love...
Justin Timberlake or John Mayer? Jeff Buckley. Rihanna or Carrie Underwood? Billie Holiday.
:wub:

I liked it until I saw the Jonah Hill picture.

ugh, so many things wrong with it. otherwise, I think they did a good job breaking people into categories

ADC Oh wow most certainly not imho, i LOVED There Will be Blood, but i quite agree that i will take this over one more Nicole Kidman cover. :lol: But we wont esacpe her lol she recently shot with Demarchelier for the cover according to reports.

Are you serious??? wasn't she on the cover just last year? You know who I would love to see on the cover, Megan Fox. I don't know how much talent the girl has but she's gorgeous. She does a better Angelina than Angie these days.

^^Yes appearantly another pregnant VF cover :rolleyes: :ninja: and i think Megan would be perfect for VF cover, certainly very interesting.

emma roberts doesnt deserve to be on the cover-other girls are much more established in the career.
cover looks very summery though.
as for the inside ,strange selection.
zoe kravitz-we havent seen much acting from her,only cuz she's a well-dressed kravitz
chris mintz-plasse-one famous movie,not enough credit to be here
emma stone-who the f is she?
olivia thirlby-this girl is ging to be big.but not yet.she should have been featured next year
gossip girl cast-yes yesy yes
jay barushel-who are you?
kat dennings-talented,but hardly recognizable girl
jonas bros-i hate them,but they desrve it,they're the new olsens
people on motorcicles-i dont know any of them except for the guy from weeds,but he's way to under radar to be in vanity fair
rachel taylor -puhllllleaaaase,she's like mischa barton in acting.have u seen shutter?
jonah-yes,talented man
amber who?

if amanda, a girl probably making a good chunk of money off big love, can't afford miu miu then you know there is something wrong with high fashion prices

and emma made an awful mistake in dying her hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->