2010 MET Costume Institute Gala : The American Woman

All of these designers "for the gap" for this event is just ridiculous. can you imagine walking into any gap in the country & being able to to buy riley keough's thakoon for gap dress for 89.99? Plus, it's not like it is a gown that is thakoon's spin on a gap dress-it is just a thakoon dress. it doesn't reflect the gap aesthetic at all. (not that its really a bad thing since she looks great but...)

She looks good but honestly who cares about her? She wasn't featured at wwd, style, not even at justjared xD. If it wasn't for her husband she would still be stuck in Mexico wearing all those awful mexican designers (Terrones, Mafud, Matta, etc...)

So neither Charlize or Jennifer Connelly turned up?
That's my biggest disappointment :(

The best dress of the evening was the yellow velvet Marc Jacobs number sported by the blonde lady.

^Rachel Zoe ?

I Really Liked Brooke Shields in Michael Kors, it was great for her shape and very simple
Doutzen looked Ridiculous in her 'The Good Witch Glenda' Dress :lol:

I think where alot of people went wrong this year was the accessories, i liked both Karolina's Altuzarra Dress and January Jones in YSL but the accessories ruined it

as much as i like Oprah it clearly shows that money does NOT buy taste

and I must be the only one who likes Charlotte Gainsbourg's ENTIRE outfit, i think it goes really well although i do wish Nicolas had made her something custom for this event

poly and schuster? scandalous.

my list for best dressed:
lily, poly, stam

i was a bit disappointed in camille belle. she always kills it and she looked beautiful but a bit boring.

I agree about Camilla. I was really looking forward to seeing what she'd be wearing and while the dress was beautiful, it was just that. Nothing particularly interesting =/
She looked stunning though! And I really like her dress she wore to the after party.

Chanel Iman, Kate Bosworth, M.I.A., Liu Wen and Charlotte Gainsbourg looked PERFECT :heart:
the rest was just plain plain plain

Last edited by a moderator:
Angela Lindvall and Caroline Trentini
2010metballcarolinetren.jpg
2010metballangelalindva.jpg

Womenmanagement Blog

Isifa

Attachments

• is_26005179.jpg
    is_26005179.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 11
  • is_26005187.jpg
    is_26005187.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 21
  • is_26005304.jpg
    is_26005304.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 10
  • is_26006083.jpg
    is_26006083.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 16
Why does Liv Tyler dress so size inappropriately? She manages to make herself look enormous and she isn't! That dress is one of the worst-however Katy Perry was hands down biggest joke of the night. If I was Blake Lively I would be pissed off with Marchesa for dressing me in that colour. Kristen Stewart, so wrong.....her dress didn't seem to fit?

Natasha Poly, Gisele and Alexa Chung all looked SEXY which was seriously laking on the red carpet. Pretty is boring.
Best dressed? Jamie Bochert in Rodarte-AMAZING!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked Katy Perry in CuteCircuit. The LED lights are magnificent, they remind me of Hussein Chalayan, but it's the dress that's hideous.

Katy Perry's neon dress was cute and one of the most interesting thing of the whole event,even if it looked a bit ridicolous on her :lol:

Hmm... I'm not sure why so many people opted for white with an American theme? I would have thought either something inspired by a 40's film star like Rita Hayworth, something flappery, or something rustic and "all-American" a la Ralph Lauren. I like all the gold accents and the nudes, hate the eye-scarring blue that's apparently in.

My favorite looks:
Sienna's Pucci, minus the tan she looked amazing.
Alexa's Philip Lim. Give a girl props for understanding the concept of a costume gala.
Elizabeth Banks... not sure who she is, but she looked in theme and lovely.
Kate Bosworth was breathtaking.
Though I hate to admit it, Taylor Swift's dress was very tasteful. Same with Emilie de Ravin.
And thankfully the models kicked it up a notch. Stammy, Naomi, Sasha, Lily, Liya, Rosie... good girls.

There were an overwhelming amount of frightening looks, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->