Lady Gaga
Jessica Beal
Blake Lively
Lauren Bush
Jessica Stam
Emma Roberts
Diane Lane
Malin Ackerman

Elizabeth Banks looks nice? Just her hair doesn't really match. Marion, Chloe, Lily Collinsand, Rachel Weisz J.lo looks nice too. Gisele looks sexy, I like it. Anne looks nice, but I hate the modified dress, it looks better the way it is. Natasha Poly and Doutzen looks the best.

American Woman- worst theme EVER... what does that even mean?

And what's with all the trash mag kids-Katy Perry? Really??? This gala has lost a lot of class.

Natasha Poly was the best dressed in my opinion

This has been by far the worst-dressed MET ball in memory. More than half of these people showed up in some cheap, tacky, satin organza ruched prom dress.

Where are the stylists who are getting paid $$$$? Don't these celebrities own a mirror?

Best dressed is probably Carolina Herrerra. Now that is one classy-looking lady.

You are spot on. It's getting worse each year.
Anna needs to review the dress code. Too many people were too casual.
This is a BALL. I want gowns. Exciting gowns not t-shirts or mini skirts.

can someone post the picture of January Jones again? Everybodys talking about how awful she looks but i cant seem to find her picture in the thread..

Does anyone have any idea did Adriana Lima turn up ? It's seems that only Ale from Victoria Secret angel turn up

Adriana didnt go to the ball, she is in Madrid.. As for the rest, I am not sure...

Could anyone upload a picture of Lauren Santo Domingo at the ball?

Jessica Stam & Diane K were best dressed imo. Nobody really wowed though.

Just seen Christian Siriano's dress on Melanie Trump. It's actually not bad.

loved sienna, rachel zoe, sjp, natasha poly and constance the best :smile:

My faves: Sienna Miller, Kirsten dunst, Kristen stewart and mila kunis. I am looking through all the pics now and loving it so far! Much much better than last year imo.

My favorite:

Kate Bosworth
Kirsten Dunst
Anne Hathaway

Wow this year was terrbile, I've only started skimming the pics but so far it's going from mediocre looks to just plain bad ones :doh:

i thought coco rocha and naomi campbell's dresses were fantastic.

sienna and jude were dreamy together, even though sienna's dress was understated for met.

there are no words for how bad kristen stewart looked.

ETA: SJP is the only other one i think is worth mentioning. i really liked the dress but she just looks so.. tired overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marion Cotillard was my favorite by far. The way the dress appeared sheer with the sequins and detailing keeping it from being inappropriate. so amazing! Plus it fit her impeccably.

The Rodarte dresses on Kirsten and Jamie were great too.

Considering the night was a tribute to American designers, my vote goes for Gisele. Besides looking H-O-T, she was different and elegant.

i never thought someone could burn a Lanvin dress like Janet just did
omg it looks so cheap on her..ugh
she shoulda kept it Versace

bellagente, please credit your pic or it will be deleted...

the list of who wore what designer on page 1 has been updated...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Blake Lively, Mila Kunis, Alexa Chung, Kate B., Sienna Miller, MIA, Zoe K., Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anna Hathaway & SJP are best dressed imo. I wasn't blown away by anyone though, definitely not the best the MET has seen.

My nr 1 favorite is Anne Hathaway.

Also like: Naomi Watts, JLo :smile:woot:smile:, Zoe Saldana, Sienna Miller, Marrion.

Ok, my favourites.
M.I.A. - for looking elegant and edgy at the same time. Not many are capable of doing this.
Kristen Stewart - *ducks*
Sarah Jessica Parker - for best use of an accessory.
Kirsten Dunst - a major upgrade from last year. On par with her amazing vintage YSL look from a few years back. I love Kiki. Always the risk taker.
Maggie Gyllenhaal - stunning!
Carolina Herrera - for understanding the theme
January Jones - I believe she and Stefano Pilati understood the theme. Done with precision.
Sienna Miller - this is kind of like her comeback.
Rosario Dawson - Stunning.
Natasha Poly - Best dressed supermodel!

Only one other model makes my best dressed list and that's Charlotte Kemp Muhl in Marni, and she's not even a supermodel! Oh, Riley Keough looked great too, but isn't she an actress now?

Good to OK:
Leighton Meester - for looking so darn pretty without makeup. I also liked her headband and dress.
Carey Mulligan - cute is all.
Charlotte Gainsbourg - she looks great naturally, but I wanted to see her in something different. I feel like we've seen this look off the runway a lot.
Joy Bryant - I guess I'm the only one that liked this
Taylor Swift - she may be boring and homely when it comes to gowns, but I think she got lucky here because her style is actually very relevant to the theme.
Kristen Bell - nice
Kate Bosworth - OK, I really liked it at first, but I'm kind of bored of the whole Hollywood curls thing.
Marion Cotillard - it was an upgrade!
Thandie Newton - stunning woman.
Melissa George - she looked great, but better suited for a premiere.
Alexa Chung - it's a look that has been done before, but I don't mind the obligatory androgynous look.
Christina Hendricks - I really liked this!
Chloe Sevigny - She looked good, but I wanted to see her in a gown a la Valentino at this year's Golden Globes. Major upgrade from that putrid Balenciaga dress.
Anne Hathaway - a little too Princess-y and the hair was a little unkempt and felt out of place with the rest of the outfit.
Naomi Watts - nice.
Zoe Kravitz - grown on me.
Katy Perry - I liked it when it was glowing in the dark.

Disappointments:
Diane Kruger - probably the worst she looked in a long time. At first I thought she just looked a little mundane, but the closeups were awful. It couldn't have been more unflattering in the chest area. Makeup and hair were good, but not even that could save it.
Zoe Saldana - Bubble wrap? No thanks. I officially hate Calvin Klein (the brand, not the designer). Or maybe I just hate Costa?
Gwen Stefani - the sketch looked quite promising. The execution? Not so much.
Speaking of Bosworth, Stella's Angels fell apart this year. Kate transferred to Valentino, which left us with Kate Hudson and Liv Tyler who were both very boring and forgettable.
Emma Watson - bland. Stick to Christopher Kane.
Hilary Rhoda - BORING.
Margherita Missoni - blah.

Worst:
Jessica Szohr - UGLY.
Jennifer Lopez - How do you from Christian Lacroix and Lanvin to Zuhair Murad in the space of a week? TACKY.
Blake Lively - ugly dress.
Eva Longoria - for her atrocious makeup and annoying face.
Doutzen Kroes - ew.
Janet Jackson - yeah, thank you Janet for ruining that lovely Lanvin dress. I hope that Alber Elbaz doesn't see this.

What happened to this year with the models? A few of them looked nice like Jessica Stam, Chanel Iman, Anja Rubik, Liya Kebede and Lily Donaldson, but VERY bland. Where was Daria? Kate Moss?! Or what about the interesting socialites? Where was Carine Roitfeld? Where were they? HUH?!

I also want to say:
- As I was saying, usually it's the supermodels that standout. What happened?
- While it was very dull this year, the people who got it right REALLY got it right.
- The event just felt very empty without the Olsens. They had attended the last FIVE Galas. Maybe they are starting to lose faith in the event!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->