Vanity Fair February 2016 : Megyn Kelly by Patrick Demarchelier

They made her look way older. But she is pretty.

cant stand this woman... "Fox's Brightest, Toughest Star" is not saying much for Fox.

She should thank Donald Trump for this cover.
His insulting remarks, are the only reason VF is giving her the time of day.
Having said that, this looks like a pretty interesting issue.

She looks nice, but I agree a bit older than usual. It's always nice to see a new face on the cover.

cant stand this woman... "Fox's Brightest, Toughest Star" is not saying much for Fox.

LOL, seriously. She's a huge moron, I would rather read a Kim Kardashian interview than hers.

This is one of those covers that just doesn't seem to fit with the international covers they roll out. I mean, I imagine barely anyone knows who she is outside of the US, yet she'll cover the UK edition too presumably?

Fox News is only available through Sky here, I think and I can't imagine it attracts many viewers and yet she'll cover a magazine on a newstands in the UK for a month? I don't really understand they don't produce different covers.

This is one of those covers that just doesn't seem to fit with the international covers they roll out. I mean, I imagine barely anyone knows who she is outside of the US, yet she'll cover the UK edition too presumably?

Fox News is only available through Sky here, I think and I can't imagine it attracts many viewers and yet she'll cover a magazine on a newstands in the UK for a month? I don't really understand they don't produce different covers.

Ugh, yes!!! All the more reason why I maintain that the UK edition should run it's own covers. I certainly don't know her, nor would I waste my time seeking out Fox News.

I'd have to flip through this issue before I'd buy it. Some of the coverlines does sound interesting.

Literally had no idea she existed until I opened this thread...

Are we really going to pretend she's not just as vile as Trump himself? Horrible woman! I guess this is one way to make us start missing the Kardashian/Jenner clan..

She's definitely not FOX's brightest and toughest star, but the Trump remarks made her interesting indeed. Excited to know her take on it.

Definitely one of VF's more interesting issues. The articles seem interesting.

I only know who she is because of an SNL sketch... but I like the portrait . Looking at pictures of her, I think she looks younger here.
She reminds me of an older actress but can´t remember her name, this will drive me crazy all day long :doh:
*edit* Joan Allen! she reminds me of her :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really nice shot... of whoever she is.

It's not entirely unknown for UK Vanity Fair to deviate from the American edition when it comes to their cover choice, it has happened before. I think a US cover of Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was replaced by Posh & Becks in 1999, and The Queen was on the UK cover in June 2007 while the US version used Bruce Willis on a motorbike.

Actually, I seem to remember the UK getting a Twilight cover fairly recently whilst the US cover was devoted to a recently-deceased star, I think? I'm sure it was all the female's from Twilight lying on the floor in a circle.

Or maybe I made that up.

A nicely laid-out cover, and she looks nice. Most importantly, she is a very relevant figure in the world of relevant topics such as politics and the dying news cable television.

With her, Huma Abedin, and the Shkreli kid, this issue sounds really good!

(There is another Fox debate at the end of this month hosted again by Megyn Kelly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I seem to remember the UK getting a Twilight cover fairly recently whilst the US cover was devoted to a recently-deceased star, I think? I'm sure it was all the female's from Twilight lying on the floor in a circle.

Or maybe I made that up.

Was that an Elizabeth Taylor cover about her letters to Richard Burton - and the UK got the lesser stars of Twilight instead?

This is like Magazine Mastermind.

July 2010, we had Dakota Fanning, Ashley Greene and Bryce Dallas Howard and yes, you're right! The US had Elizabeth Taylor.

I actually think this is the most interesting choice in cover star they've made in quite some time. And it's hardly the first time they've featured a Republican. For those waxing nostalgic for Kardashian covers, Caitlyn Jenner is a Republican who's said troubling (imo) things even within the last year about topics such as gay marriage, but many here (myself included) applauded their decision to give her a cover! Given that Megyn Kelly has enjoyed success even before the Trump incidents, been featured in GQ and other Conde Nast publications, it makes sense she'd be featured in Vanity Fair, but I wouldn't have expected a cover. I don't watch Fox News, but from the little I've seen over the past few years Megyn seems more middle-of-the-road, less dangerous and more intelligent and others featured on that channel. I assume the article wont paint a glowing portrait of her place of work and will be tough on her when it comes to certain issues. Interested to read it.

Didn't know that Twilight shot was a UK only cover. I remember it looking more suited to the Vanities page, and yet it was a reference to a vintage cover, Vogue, I think? Still, I liked it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MmeColbert
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->