Vanity Fair March 2009 : Barack Obama By Annie Leibovitz

LOL, ooh, what an insult. I couldn't be a any less interested in Jonas brothers and I couldn't tell them apart even if my life depended on it.
But back on topic, lmao, at thinking he's the best looking president we've ever had. And an even bigger LMAO at thinking that being the best looking president says a lot about your looks. Barack has very unappealing features. Big ears, big nose and no chin. He may be the greatest president we ever have (time will tell), but the man is ugly.

People mistake his charisma and grace for his "good looks".

I don't think he's classically handsome. I don't think he's ugly either. His personality and aura are more important things to consider.

So I take that all the people who are complaining that Obama is ugly/unattractive do not realize that we're in one of the worst economic recessions the US has ever seen, with families losing their retirement plans/jobs/homes/lives and finally here comes a person who can fix all that. And people are complaining about his appearance? :rolleyes:

I know, right? I am not exactly a gushing Obama omigod-he's-so-hott fangirl, but why does the president need to look like a male model in order to deserve a VF cover? I dont read VF expecting everybody to look like somebody out of Numero/ L'officiel/ Vogue.

And I was sarcastic in my previous post but it probably doesnt translate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know everyone is like YAY Obama and everything but March is the Hollywood issue. It is every year.

Sorry but I'm disappointed.

^ Me too! I realise it's just bad timing that the inauguration happened at the same time, BUT it's tradition to have a Hollywood cover! Not happy. Obama could have been on the next cover.

Image of Kate Winslet & Sam Mendes from Vanity Fair March 2009

actors-directors-0903-pp03.jpg

The cover is little disapointing, they could have done so much more with Obama and the concept. Boring.

People mistake his charisma and grace for his "good looks".

I don't think he's classically handsome. I don't think he's ugly either. His personality and aura are more important things to consider.

I can only hope people are making the same "mistake" with me :lol:

Personally I don't love this shot of him--I'd rather see his killer smile, but his being on the cover is symbolic, and that I like.

What a surprise! It's Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes! God I wish THEY had the cover. Or isn't there some group of upcoming actors that deserve the front spot way more? What about "Slumdog Millionaire"? That movie changed my life. And the actress is so pretty...she totally wouldn't need as much photoshop :angry:. Or Heath Ledger... when he died I thought that was the worst thing in 2008 ever it was like the sun had blown up :cry:.

Here's the rest of the pictures: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/03/actors-directors-portfolio200903

What do you think guys? Three cheers for Woody Allen! He's so underrated and I can't remember the last time *he* had a cover. Nicole Kidman -- where was she hiding? Stupid (President? Morelikeneedanewfacehowaboutsomeplasticsurgery) Obama doing presidential things and getting reported on all the time. Why I oughta...

Edit: Do we at least get a fold-out cover? If there isn't some kind of fold out page with Obama dressed in Marchesa gowns and Armani suits, perched on lots of little ladders with some red bed sheet hanging in the background (I could create this in my sleep!) I'm writing a furious letter to the editor.

Fantastic shots, specially love the ones of Kidman with Baz, and Cuz with Allen, thanks Bahiyya.

What a surprise! It's Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes! God I wish THEY had the cover. Or isn't there some group of upcoming actors that deserve the front spot way more? What about "Slumdog Millionaire"? That movie changed my life. And the actress is so pretty...she totally wouldn't need as much photoshop :angry:. Or Heath Ledger... when he died I thought that was the worst thing in 2008 ever it was like the sun had blown up :cry:.

Here's the rest of the pictures: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2009/03/actors-directors-portfolio200903

What do you think guys? Three cheers for Woody Allen! He's so underrated and I can't remember the last time *he* had a cover. Nicole Kidman -- where was she hiding? Stupid (President? Morelikeneedanewfacehowaboutsomeplasticsurgery) Obama doing presidential things and getting reported on all the time. Why I oughta...

Edit: Do we at least get a fold-out cover? If there isn't some kind of fold out page with Obama dressed in Marchesa gowns and Armani suits, perched on lots of little ladders with some red bed sheet hanging in the background (I could create this in my sleep!) I'm writing a furious letter to the editor.

That's quite amazing that a movie changed your life. In what manner exactly did that occur?

Sam Mendes looks really old :shock:

Miss Dalloway said:
Fantastic shots, specially love the ones of Kidman with Baz, and Cuz with Allen, thanks Bahiyya.

You're welcome. My favourite is the one with Darren Aronofsky (sp?) because of how awkward he looks.

That's quite amazing that a movie changed your life. In what manner exactly did that occur?

Well, you know, uhh...the message about...uhhh...love conquers all...you never know until you try...being poor isn't the end...game shows are cool...

Can I check back with VF and get back to you?

I haven't seen it. I don't really want to. I was being sarcastic. Are you being sarcastic too? I dun know! I do sometimes feel, when I'm watching Ingmar Bergman films, that something within me fundamentally changed if even for a moment or two. Too long to get into here. Does that count?

fashionista-ta, have I told you lately that I love you?

I don't even want to get started on the reasons why Slumdog Millionaire is a good film but not a great one or on the Freida Pinto hype, she barely had any screen time yet she's everywhere. Her publicist deserves a raise...

The Hollywood portfolio doesn't impress me particularly. It's mostly the same people who have been in it before - people who will be featured in the magazine again soon no doubt. No one I particularly want on the cover. Obama suits me just fine.

I don't even want to get started on the reasons why Slumdog Millionaire is a good film but not a great one or on the Freida Pinto hype, she barely had any screen time yet she's everywhere. Her publicist deserves a raise...

I never say I Love You Luxx enough :heart:

It's a love fest! :lol:

LOL, ooh, what an insult. I couldn't be a any less interested in Jonas brothers and I couldn't tell them apart even if my life depended on it.

But back on topic, lmao, at thinking he's the best looking president we've ever had. And an even bigger LMAO at thinking that being the best looking president says a lot about your looks. Barack has very unappealing features. Big ears, big nose and no chin. He may be the greatest president we ever have (time will tell), but the man is ugly.

judging from the supermodels you list, the logic in your post could stand for yourself :D
grow up, get an education, start caring about what is going on the world not just fashion. Obama is better looking than the mantis Snejana.

And yes, i must be just a hideous monster since i also find penelope cruz, angelina jolie, megan fox, naomi watts, erin wasson, kurt cobain, kirsten dunst, michelle williams, kate moss, johnny depp, etc etc attractive. If you're ASSUMING the looks of people based on who they find attractive, then "THANKS!!!!!"

hahahaha :lol:
The media has had a love affair with him from the get-go, and I cannot stand having someone shoved in my face day-in day-out. I am truly sick of him already. It's beyond overexposure at this stage. :rolleyes:

if you are tired of the president, stop complaining about overexposure when you should be more concerned about the issues

aah, don't worry, you an safely admit it over the anonimity of the internet. denial, denial :P

I can't help but think some of you must be a bit isolated from the real world ... the whole world is in deep economic sh*t, the guy on this cover is going to do his best to get us out, and you're all upset & clamoring for the Hollywood set that's on every other d*mn cover on the stand ... :innocent: Because of course what could be more important than the tradition of the March Vanity Fair being upheld :huh: I take it you guys haven't lost your job (do you have one??) or your house ... or been asked to take a paycut ... I take it your retirement account (do you have one??) hasn't tanked ...

PS IMO Obama is hot ... being attractive is not the sum of your features. It is well known that people with perfectly regular features are boring, not attractive.

Don't get me wrong, I care very deeply for my country and about the problems we have right now, and I'm grateful Obama is doing what he can to fix it.

However, I just feel Vanity Fair does celebrity portraits best. Their Hollywood covers are beautiful. (Remember Scarlet Johanson and Kiera Knightly with Tom Ford?) Other magazines, like US Vogue just do celebrity photos in such a cheesy way.

I normally view Vanity Fair as a political magazine, with some high society features, and some celebrity stuff. So the Hollywood issue is always a treat. So I was little sad to know that a Vanity Fair Hollywood cover would not be available to me this year. But there is always next year, so I'll just let my dissapointment fade about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"