Vanity Fair March 2014 : Hollywood Issue

tentalicious

Reaction score
dbo9.jpg

[facebook/Vanity Fair]

Vanity Fair March 2014: Hollywood Issue by Annie Leibovitz

vanityfair.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous, some random choices, i mean NO Cate, or Jennifer? And Julia on the cover while Lupita is in the fold out? But i guess you can always find something to complain about these covers, and it seems they mainly wanted newer stars.

Graydon Carter is doing the Gwyneth story?

Gorgeous cover! I was hoping Lupita would get the front, but seeing Idris, Michael, and Chiwetel on the front is amazing. Not one actor on here isn't deserving. Lupita could have carried an image on her own imo. She exudes so much power and poise in her pose and gaze.

I dont really get the cover. Its quite a wild mix, while you have bunch of established actors on the front cover, the other two parts are featured some quite random choices. Its just sad that they didnt put Lupita on the main cover when we have som many VF covers with Julia (and what is George even doing in there?). Anyway Im extremely happy about the balance between white and black actors, that really shows what an year in movies we had.

Why is George there? VF should stop acting like a fangirl with this man, i am bored of it!

That will probably be the first year when people won't accuse VF of racism. At least VF hopes so.

Wow this looks surprisingly spontaneous and lively for a Annie Leibovitz group shot.

How idiotic is Julia Roberts's pose?! Big fan of everyone else.

The last girl looks like she fell off a couch or something.

Why is George there? VF should stop acting like a fangirl with this man, i am bored of it!

He was in Gravity and is one of the producers of August: Osage County.

That will probably be the first year when people won't accuse VF of racism. At least VF hopes so.

every year the discussion is the same... I remember arguing that there weren´t african americans with relevant roles in movies that they must be on the cover, this year that changed and how great is that?

How idiotic is Julia Roberts's pose?! Big fan of everyone else.

So idiotic... and sexist perhaps? at least make her wear pants!

I'm really pleased to see this years Hollywood issue cover was so well done. Would have been nice to see Lupita on the main cover instead of the foldout, I'd say she's a bigger name by this point, but in the grand scheme of things it's doesn't really matter. It seems like VF has actually paid attention to comments that have been made about past Hollywood issues, there is a lovely mix of diversity here. Especially thrilled to see Chiwetel, Idris, and Michael on the main cover, all three look so handsome and really deserve all the accolades they've received for their performances this year.

This isn't a random assortment at all. It's a group of actors and actresses who Vanity Fair thinks gave great performances this year. I've seen 8 of the 12 performances and I think they're all deserving. Almost everyone looks great, too. Lea Seydoux, being the exception, feels like an afterthought in the corner and looks unhappy.

And since the skin color of those chosen to be on the cover is a subject of heated discussion this year, I'll say that I'm happy this year is different, but I always thought the issue was really with Hollywood, not with Vanity Fair. This year Hollywood gave us several acclaimed films dealing with race featuring incredible performances by people of color and that is reflected in the cover.

Would have been nice to see Lupita on the main cover instead of the foldout, I'd say she's a bigger name by this point, but in the grand scheme of things it's doesn't really matter.

A bigger name than who? No one who was on the main cover, that's for sure. She looks lovely, but they chose the people that they did for the main cover because of star power and they're all more famous than Lupita, who has only starred in one film.

Surprisingly diverse cast. I have yet to see any this year's heralded films so I can't speak of their worthiness, but it's a great cover. There is life in a Leibovitz shot for a change.

I'm interested in the articles previewed on the cover, especially "Boob Tape and Balenciaga" (that title, though...). That should make for an interesting read.

Margot Robbie :heart:!

This cover confuses me. Why do they have George Clooney and Julia Roberts, and then all of these rising stars surrounding them? It's like they didn't know what they wanted it to be. I would've preferred it if they had Lupita and Michael. Where's Adele Exarchopoulos? Or Miles Teller?

I imagine the Gwyneth Paltrow story itself is going to help sell a few copies, so it's not like they needed the A-list stars. It hasn't hurt their New Hollywood covers in the past.

But despite my complaining, I actually like it a lot. It was a great year for black actors, so it's nice that they acknowledged at. (And I'm not usually one of those people that complains about race and magazine covers; blame Hollywood, not Vanity Fair.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->