Versace F/W 2016.17 : Gigi Hadid & Karlie Kloss by Bruce Weber

This is the worst Versace campaign in years...
It looks like Dolce & Gabbana

The collection was horrible as well. Wasn't expecting anything from this.

This does not work. There is no glamour, no allure, no Versace. Logo could be switched out for Coach or Dolce & Gabbana in the outdoor shots.

I do like the inclusion of an interracial family though.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, I wasn't expecting this. That doesn't look ''Versace'' to me, at all. I dont know how to feel about this. :lol:

Ouch, this looks like a Ralph Lauren editorial from an in-flight magazine...

The 2nd pic is pretty fantastic, probably one of my favorite campaign images in a while.

I don't like the fake family ones tho, it's a bit too Banana Republic. But Bruce brings something lively and earnest to Versace, it's refreshing compared to their usual glossy and plastic campaigns. And it's always interesting to see a brand through a different perspective. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Wow I hate to say it but this is really bad. I'm not sold by the concept at all; it looks more like a catalog than a proper campaign.

On the NYT article, they explained why they changed direction...i think it's valid...and i like BW work, it's refreshing and maybe next season the go back to the ultra sexy versace....

Huge plot change. Bombshell style sex appeal as the weapon is indeed something that's fading these days. I appreciate this new woman image they try to present here. Keep them going!

wtf is that? Gigi's shot is terrible, Karlie looks tired... gosh this is so so bad!

Ouch, this looks like a Ralph Lauren editorial from an in-flight magazine...

lol my thought exactly.
This campaign does nothing for me. There is no life to the images, nothing that screams Versace.

This is the worst Versace campaign in years...
It looks like Dolce & Gabbana

This.

& if you're going to have a family campaign a least have someone that looks like a mom, Gigi is like 19 isn't she?

This is so bad ! Is Karlie supposed to be sexy in that 2nd shot? And Gigi as a mom just doesn't work. This is the level of a commercial catalog, not Versace !

A mix between Michael Kors and Dolce&Gabbana campaign... Awful

Coach is that you?

And that pic with the men and the bags is so WEIRD! Looks like an old photograph from the late 80's-beggining of the 90's where the female model has been erased via photoshop and they put a teenage-looking Karlie to make it look current. I can imagine her thinking: "Take the photograph as fast as you can that my cookies are going to get burnt!!". Zero attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->