Versace F/W 2016.17 : Gigi Hadid & Karlie Kloss by Bruce Weber

I happen to think this is incredible. Makes me see the brand in a whole new light.

Kudos to Donatella for taking this leap forward.

As a general campaign it's good, but as a Versace campaign - it's such a let down! Gigi kinda looks like shes being abducted in her family pic :lol:

I wouldn't have used Gigi and Karlie again, personally.

:rofl::clap::P Hahaha When I saw that pic I inmediately though that. She literally looks like a mentally-ill rich lady being taken back home by some random family who found her in the street roaming about. Disturbing to say the least...

I have to admit that even if I personally find her unbearable, Karlie's Marilyn-style shot is nice.

this is bad. this is not Versace at all. but it fits to the collection, which isn´t my fave at all. i don´t like this change. i miss the old Versace.

A nice break from all those flashy ads from the recent years. Totally into this. Some shots reminded me of the Versus campaigns in the 90s. The Versace attitude is very much presence in this especially Karlie's studio image. Apart from Gigi's awful modelling skill, it is a lovely image.

I mean, after all, Versace women do deserve a relaxing time from all those glam!

I didn't bother to open up the images before, but now I have questions! Gigi and Karlie both look mature for their age, but no way in hell is anyone going to believe they are mothers. There are plenty of "older" models who would have made this more convincing.

And it's great that they're portraying an interracial family, but how are we expected to believe that Gigi and a (presumably) multiracial man produced a Black baby girl? Also, would it hurt to have just an all-Black (or Asian or Latinx) family shown? It's like they need some white presence to validate the whole thing.

Isn't Dilone rumored to be part of this too?

Good for them for trying something different than their usual style, but not really feeling the ad.

What in the fu**ing world is this??
This does not scream Versace. This is such a poor catalogue. I hate the concept, typical Bruce Weber. I appreciate they change the photographer, but this is so tiring.
Last season Natasha and Raquel were perfect, this is just a mess.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this and it definitely does feel very catalogue. Everything looks very old school and it's such a drastic change from their previous approaches that without the logo I really could confuse this any other generic 'family' brand. This is not Versace to me but still, I don't absolutely hate it and while the casting could have been better, I do think there is something quite endearing about these images.

this could not look any cheaper! It is just like an off brand vogue editorial back in 09. I mean this is late

I really don't think that Gigi and Karlie are the stars of this campaign.
Karlie is convincing in the bag shot but not really in the others. Gigi is not really the star of the "family" shot. The handsome guy and the children are great.

It will stand out in the magazines.

Talk about identity crisis... Versace is such a joke these days. Even this campaign has an identity crisis itself. :lol: One glamed up shot and two Coach worthy pictures...

I adore Donatella but she should leave the reigns of this brand to someone else.

Also, can't believe Weber shot this... He is loosing it too. He's been such a trainwreck as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite shot out of the three is the one with Karlie surrounded by the guys holding the bags

Same. It reminded me of the 90s. I like that shot, but that's just about it so far. I'm waiting for the other shots (especially the men's) to judge it entirely.

What bothers me is that after giving us that Raquel-Natasha-Gigi trio which was full of energy and attitude, they serve us this. What a total disconnect. And this, especially the outdoor shots, seems more suited for a summer campaign and not for fall. Let's be clear, the ad itself is NOT bad. It's just not the Versace that we're used to seeing - after years and years of M&M and the attitude they serve with the photos. However, I'd take Madonna's Versace campaign over this one.

EDIT: The new shots... they are disconnected with the first set posted... So far we have a wife, a broadway star, and a supermodel (Karlie's shot with the bags). The first shot of the man though.. that's what I need. A new favorite shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no correlation between the first set and the second... So they wanted to eliminate the sex/glamour factor at first and then bring it again in a weird way? I don't find Gigi sexy at all and this campaign shows how terrible she is at modeling. She looks really out of place. She's not a Versace girl to me. A more striking model would have been better.

There's no foundation to this. It's a real mess. I really don't understand the vibe of the campaign. It looks like they wanted to do something but couldn't, like an unachieved work.

Second shot: what is happening with Gigi's feet? Looks like a photoshop mishap or a very bad angle. Her ankle disappeared:lol:

It's interesting to be forced to imagine a mundane Versace, but in the end, I want the world of expensive fashion to sell me a certain lifestyle. I might as well just shop from a catalogue, if this is the standard of fantasy I'll get in exchange for my money.

I thought it was bad enough when Gucci went bohemian slacker. Each campaign, another set of teenagers slouching around, wearing overpriced patch-covered clothing.

If this is the interlude I have to suffer, before brands return to glamour and sex appeal, and for that formula to appear fresh again.... fine, wake me up when it happens, I'll pass on this sort of thing until then. I'm not remotely interested in trying to intellectualise anything about it, it doesn't deserve the effort.

The later three ones make such a Uturn. Who are the customers they are speaking to with those? Do they think Sharon Stone still owns business like this or what? So confusing.

I love this. It's so 90's and I think it perfectly goes along with all the 90's revival trend. Such a refreshing campaign photos. I probably have personal bias towards Bruce Weber and Karlie Kloss but still at least I'll take this over some campaigns.

The new set is 100x better, however the catalog-esque outdoor shots are simply unacceptable. In terms of the new set I do appreciate the fact that it's not just a model standing around looking pretty. The cinematic vibe of the new shots feels surprisingly fresh. As long as those awful outdoor shots aren't in every magazine I'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->