Versace Pre Fall 2009

Versace's pre-collections are never particularly good. When you see these pieces in the boutique next to the runway collections it's like night and day, and I don't just mean the fact that the runway stuff is more dramatic. The pieces are just of higher quality in design and execution.

I like the second look, the rest is pretty boring so far.

whoever designed... did that person really think that a pleat in front of the "no-no" part on a dress would look good or flattering?

i find it uncomfortable to the eyes too
but see it so often in many many collections

I like it!
The boots really caught my eyes...
the other pieces...nice, it's very toned down...but we know that runway is never like that
I hope they dont get too "arty" using stars everywhere on the collection

I don't really like it... it's boring and very commercial looking.

forget everything else, I LOVE the pink dress! my favorite color in such a stunning dress.....gorgeous.

i need to see more, because i adore the first look (leave it to tayana to rock a power suit like that) but the rest are.... i don't know. the trench looks somewhat weird, the boots are too tough for the sixtified lbd, and the pink dress is well... just a pink dress in a much too shiny fabric.

The full collection is now on style.com. Can someone post it, i´ve got some problems with my computer.
Some pieces are truly great.

the boots are amazing. the rest of the collection can not catches my eyes.

NEW YORK, December 15, 2008

By Nicole Phelps

Donatella Versace mined her brother's couture archives for the star prints that decorated her pre-fall collection, but the silhouettes—graphic little coats with contrast piping and even tinier cocktail dresses—were all hers. Everything was strictly above the knee, save for a handful of not-for-the-faint-of-heart awards season gowns, the best of which came in black lace with a slit up to there and a star detailed in peekaboo mesh on the torso.

Full collection:

297jnl.jpg
2ptpi5j.jpg

mtm7i0.jpg
9laeya.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy