Victoria Beckham F/W 09.10 New York

The first ensemble and this amazing little structured white dress I am so lusting over...
I just can't get enough of Victoria Beckham. :heart: I love her and this collection as well!

But what's the point of putting out a clothing line, and an expensive clothing line at that, if it's all been inspired by other designer's signature work? I mean, kudos to her for actually admitting that she's influenced by the designers she wears, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's basically just tweaking things that she's already worn by designers who have already established a look all their own.

I mean, appropriation is an industry wide thing, but this isn't appropriation because she isn't taking the influence and actually making something of her own with it in the way that someone like Marc Jacobs does. These look like clothes made by other designers instead of inspired by them.

I totally agree, it's like she's the super expensive version of the high street brands. See a designer look she loves, copy it but just add a little frill here and a pocket there. You could'nt pay me to buy her stuff, just a waste of money when I can save for the original designer goods.^_^

nice but like everyone's been echoing nothing special, i'd like to see some new dress forms though.

But what's the point of putting out a clothing line, and an expensive clothing line at that, if it's all been inspired by other designer's signature work? I mean, kudos to her for actually admitting that she's influenced by the designers she wears, but that doesn't excuse the fact that she's basically just tweaking things that she's already worn by designers who have already established a look all their own.

I mean, appropriation is an industry wide thing, but this isn't appropriation because she isn't taking the influence and actually making something of her own with it in the way that someone like Marc Jacobs does. These look like clothes made by other designers instead of inspired by them.

I agree. This whole thing reeks of a payday.

She is cashing in on the fact that she is known for her style (wearing other people's clothes). She sends those clothes right back to the public with her name on it and reaps the benefits.

this is ok, I just wished it would have been presented on better models.

she has potential, or whoever is designing for her.

she has the money, BETTER MODELS, PLEASE.

hate the fuchsia, looks very out-dated.
while the cut is nice.

Lovely collection but still nothing special. It´s very similar to the last one. Only the long dresses are new and some colors. The long asymmetrical dress is lovely. And i´m sure she´ll wear it all by herself.

I'm liking the colours and the styles. Pretty shocking that she would come up with this. I like that she has done separates, rather then just dresses... The purple is darling!

The bows are super cute, but chic, and the capes are so cool. The metallic dresses look great too!

Despite the clear references, I would say that it's a very good effort, and I like it! The silhouettes are clearly more sensible this time round. N

Of course we all see the inspirations from Mouret and others but still... i hate myself for saying that but i must say it is quite nice. I see woman wearing this clothes in high-class offices or important meetings. Safe but nice.

Perfect much? :woot: This is a nice collection. I love Victoria's style, and think it reflects in her designs.. I didn't see her previous collection. I'll have to have a look...

Is she designing the clothes or she hired a designer for these?

Doesn't wow me but like it better than her fist collection. Love her so looking forward to see her wearing it.

VB's certainly no trailblazer - this collection just shows she's an avid fashion follower... of Mouret, Marc, Yves Saint Laurent as others have so rightly pointed out...I really wonder who will buy this stuff, personally, I'd rather buy and wear the originals.

I never thought I'd say this but...I love the capes (why do I feel so guilty saying that?)

The whole collection is a disgrace. every look is almost from an archive of a designer. i see RM, Alaia...god i cant even continue ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->