Victoria Beckham F/W 09.10 New York

I agree. This whole thing reeks of a payday.

She is cashing in on the fact that she is known for her style (wearing other people's clothes). She sends those clothes right back to the public with her name on it and reaps the benefits.

I agree, but that seems illogical on her behalf. The only people who would choose her brand over Mouret or say Valli are her fans, and I don't really think her fans have that kind of money to throw around. So, I don't understand who's going to buy this other than say, Katie Holmes or Eva Longoria.

Maybe I'm underestimating her fan base but, I think she would been much better off if she had just swallowed her pride and done a high street collaboration making designs like these but more affordable. I'm not sure why she's so desperate to be seen as high fashion, especially as there really isn't a gap in the market for designs like this.

I mean the actual designs are fine, but even L'Wren Scott does this better (and slightly cheaper, I think?).

I know the just below the knee hemline is so Victoria. But on most women it is the least flattering place for a skirt/ dress to hit. It is usually the widest part of your leg. At least in this collection she included some other hemlines that are more flattering for the average women.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not a big fan of her stuff, the first collection was overexaggerated 'formal' in a way which it looked like a 50 year old woman's collection not a classic 30s one which was the look she was going for.
This collection IS better, but its not great thats what we must admit. I cant see her in the bow stuff, i think that was simply to make it look more edgy. But some of it is decent.
I dont think people will choose this over YSL or Alaia but its ok.

I really don't care for VB's collections. I know I should examine the clothing closely to form a constructive opinion but the fact that it is a collection from a celebrity puts me off immediately. This collection was nice but other young or new designers have to get through trials of creating their works by themselves or with one or two dress makers in a small garage, struggling to juggle their finances and so on. And here is VB. I know her money is well-deserved for being an hard-working pop singer and being a wife of super-hot money-making David but still it is not fair for her to steal the light, which probably was reserved for other designers. I don't know, maybe I am being too biased and not making sense and maybe this is of-the-moment thing and will not last but as a young fashion students, it makes me little sad that someone would be given so much attention and praise because of their fame and some nice designs, which probably are the 'interpreted' version of VB's original idea by someone she hired.
I just find it hard to believe that VB is the only one who is designing the collection. It is something entirely different to have the taste to pick out nice dresses and actually being able to design them. That's probably why many of her designs are very similar to other designers,,,,,I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->