Vincent Gallo

Originally posted by Misako@Oct 9 2004, 03:21 PM
:: laughs :: Brilliant. I love this comment. :P
[snapback]391734[/snapback]​

2nd. He is so lame.

Vincent Gallo has AMAZING eyes... I don't think he is particularly hot but he knows what he is doing with regards to film and music. If you saw Buffalo 66 you will know what I mean- great aesthetics. He's an *** mostly but really talented and I don't think that can be ignored. His eyes remind me of Jared Leto/Jude Law, although he's obviously not as hot.

Originally posted by Lolo@Oct 12 2004, 01:50 PM
Vincent Gallo has AMAZING eyes... I don't think he is particularly hot but he knows what he is doing with regards to film and music. If you saw Buffalo 66 you will know what I mean- great aesthetics. He's an *** mostly but really talented and I don't think that can be ignored. His eyes remind me of Jared Leto/Jude Law, although he's obviously not as hot.
[snapback]394829[/snapback]​

What was so great aesthetically about buffalo 66?

Originally posted by faust@Oct 12 2004, 03:06 PM
What was so great aesthetically about buffalo 66?
[snapback]394842[/snapback]​
EVERYTHING! :wink: It was such a beautiful movie...it has the same aesthetic sensibility as his old paintings and music....his work is very sensitive and beautiful

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 12 2004, 02:48 PM
EVERYTHING! :wink: It was such a beautiful movie...it has the same aesthetic sensibility as his old paintings and music....his work is very sensitive and beautiful
[snapback]394872[/snapback]​

I agree with you, Zoelemon, his work has a certain quality that is very dreamy and eerily pretty. He's obviously very talented and creative.

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 12 2004, 02:48 PM
[snapback]394872[/snapback]​

this doesn't tell me anything. details?

Originally posted by faust@Oct 13 2004, 10:48 AM
this doesn't tell me anything. details?
[snapback]395745[/snapback]​
It is hard to explain because he really is an original filmmaker and artist in general- go rent the film! it's really truly worth it. Then you will understand. It's just his personal aesthetic and I really can't compare it to anyone else's. But when you see his work-it's just authentically his.It's beautiful.

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 13 2004, 10:01 AM
It is hard to explain because he really is an original filmmaker and artist in general- go rent the film! it's really truly worth it. Then you will understand. It's just his personal aesthetic and I really can't compare it to anyone else's. But when you see his work-it's just authentically his.It's beautiful.
[snapback]395755[/snapback]​

I've seen the film. I just wish you could put your feelings in plain English, because generalities don't open up any room for discussion.

I like how Gallo takes his time and let his characters tell the story. The lush colours and luminous lighting enhances the dreamlike mood. Every frame is like a beautiful photograph. I also find his films eeriely pretty because even though the images are quite soft and pleasing to the eye, you can feel the undercurrents of tension, sadness, longing, and desire.

BTW, I think that the Virgin Suicides evokes a similar kind of mood. But I like it even better bc the style is more girly, if that makes sense.

Originally posted by Fawn@Oct 13 2004, 01:29 PM
I like how Gallo takes his time and let his characters tell the story. The lush colours and luminous lighting enhances the dreamlike mood. Every frame is like a beautiful photograph. I also find his films eeriely pretty because even though the images are quite soft and pleasing to the eye, you can feel the undercurrents of tension, sadness, longing, and desire.

BTW, I think that the Virgin Suicides evokes a similar kind of mood. But I like it even better bc the style is more girly, if that makes sense.
[snapback]395894[/snapback]​

sorry, but these words sound something you copied and pasted from some pretensious reviewer. there was nothing "eeriely pretty" or original in buffalo 66, just another story with a sympathetic loser character (who's really an ***hole if we look at things soberly) that has been done tons of times. and there was no character development whatsoever.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 13 2004, 02:48 PM
sorry, but these words sound something you copied and pasted from some pretensious reviewer. there was nothing "eeriely pretty" or original in buffalo 66, just another story with a sympathetic loser character (who's really an ***hole if we look at things soberly) that has been done tons of times. and there was no character development whatsoever.
[snapback]395927[/snapback]​
you really bother me......you're pompous as hell. Anyway, the film was the first full length film to ever be shot on reverse stock-which gives the color of the film an overall mood ......secondly The fact that Vincent himself wrote the script, music, directed and acted in it gives it an authenticity gives way to a pure idea. It's like painting where an artist has full control over how the viewer will see it without the signature of any collaborators of large film studio tainting or corrupting the initial feelings and emotions that he intends to portray through a visual language. Also-the characters are complex and the way they develop a relationship with each other is very delicate and honest in it's pain-while still managing to be comical . The film is like a classic musical or classic love story filtered through Vincent Gallo's eyes and put together beautifully -I again think this is because he had his hands in every aspect of creating the film...even the costumes...the setting is where he grew up ....it's all stylized and personal in a very unique way...where it seems real and special.............I don't feel any need to justify the beauty of this film further to you because you seem like the type of person who perhaps is incapable of appreciating it .-But I will say this....even some of the people who hate Vincent the most -had to admit that Buffalo 66 was a great film.- If you don't like it- then that's fine....you can keep watching "Dude where's my car?"....and swooning over the likes of Ashton Kutcher.......I'll stick to Vinny and his films.....he's one of the most ambitious and smart American directors that we have.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 13 2004, 01:48 PM
[snapback]395927[/snapback]​

Yeah, I guess I could be quite a "pretentious reviewer" at times... But getting back to what you said regarding the lack of character development, sometimes people in real life are just stubborn and refuses to change/grow, that's a realistic situation.

Anyways, Gallo is not everyone's cup of tea and I think he does let some scenes drag on for too long. But I do appreciate how he has a vision and he doesn't compromise that.

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 13 2004, 02:02 PM
you really bother me......you're pompous as hell. Anyway, the film was the first full length film to ever be shot on reverse stock-which gives the color of the film an overall mood ......secondly The fact that Vincent himself wrote the script, music, directed and acted in it gives it an authenticity gives way to a pure idea. It's like painting where an artist has full control over how the viewer will see it without the signature of any collaborators of large film studio tainting or corrupting the initial feelings and emotions that he intends to portray through a visual language. Also-the characters are complex and the way they develop a relationship with each other is very delicate and honest in it's pain-while still managing to be comical . The film is like a classic musical or classic love story filtered through Vincent Gallo's eyes and put together beautifully -I again think this is because he had his hands in every aspect of creating the film...even the costumes...the setting is where he grew up ....it's all stylized and personal in a very unique way...where it seems real and special.............I don't feel any need to justify the beauty of this film further to you because you seem like the type of person who perhaps is incapable of appreciating it .-But I will say this....even some of the people who hate Vincent the most -had to admit that Buffalo 66 was a great film.- If you don't like it- then that's fine....you can keep watching "Dude where's my car?"....and swooning over the likes of Ashton Kutcher.......I'll stick to Vinny and his films.....he's one of the most ambitious and smart American directors that we have.
[snapback]395943[/snapback]​

It's funny how you judge people without knowing a first thing about them. Maybe if you do some searches on this forum for my posts you will change your opinion. At least I'm judging Gallo by some films I've seen of his and by some interviews and reviews I've read. I am pompous? Ok, Miss I-only-talk-like-a-parrot-in-obscure-generalities-i-learned-in-art-class-but-do-not-understand.

Originally posted by Fawn@Oct 13 2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I guess I could be quite a "pretentious reviewer" at times... But getting back to what you said regarding the lack of character development, sometimes people in real life are just stubborn and refuses to change/grow, that's a realistic situation.

Anyways, Gallo is not everyone's cup of tea and I think he does let some scenes drag on for too long. But I do appreciate how he has a vision and he doesn't compromise that.
[snapback]395954[/snapback]​

to each his own :flower:

Originally posted by faust@Oct 13 2004, 02:23 PM
to each his own :flower:
[snapback]395976[/snapback]​

Agreed. If you've already seen Buffalo 66, then you can judge for yourself.

Imagine Faust being a "Dude where's my car?" fan :shock: :shock: :shock: That's unbelievably ironic... :lol:

Vincent Gallo is one of those peculiarly French weird creeps...I'm sure there's a school for them somewhere in Paris/Buffalo-apparently (probably run by, the admittedly tanlented but no less creepy, Serge Gainsbourg)...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 13 2004, 08:42 PM
Vincent Gallo is one of those peculiarly French weird creeps...
[snapback]396004[/snapback]​
I like that description.

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 13 2004, 08:02 PM
you really bother me......you're pompous as hell
[snapback]395943[/snapback]​

:lol:
That sounded funny, out of context that is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->