Playboy France May 2008 : Isild Le Besco by Nicolas Hidiroglou

I find it strange how the French Playboy is generally focused on cinema.Most of their cover girls are actresses.I'm also surprised to find articles on Orson Weles or by Antoine de Baecque which more appeal to film connoisseurs.It just looks like a high profile magazine for something which was in the beginning a trashy concept.

The American Playboy was originally pretty high profile too...a lot of literary writers like Vladimir Nabokov and the like had their work printed in it...and a friend and I discovered a Penthouse magazine from the 80s lying around on-campus :smile:shock:smile: and it had serialized Dashiell Hammett, a report on the Iran-Contra scandal and a feminist essay on p*rn*gr*phy. And the eds were cute (not great like what's in French Playboy now...but kinda sweet rather than trashy.)

I just wanted to give you all a tip if you want to "get" this magazine and don't live in France/Europe like me. Just access http://www.relay.fr/pressenumerique/ and follow the instructions.
BE WARNED: the software you use to view the magazines blocks the prtscr button, so it becomes impossible to screen-cap.

BE WARNED AGAIN: The quality of the pictures is terrible when you compare it with a real magazine. They're bad even as a jpg, terribly made :angry:!

But, since it's the only option, I think you might want to give it a shot and still be filled with envy towards the lucky French :lol:

The American Playboy was originally pretty high profile too...a lot of literary writers like Vladimir Nabokov and the like had their work printed in it...and a friend and I discovered a Penthouse magazine from the 80s lying around on-campus :smile:shock:smile: and it had serialized Dashiell Hammett, a report on the Iran-Contra scandal and a feminist essay on p*rn*gr*phy. And the eds were cute (not great like what's in French Playboy now...but kinda sweet rather than trashy.)

Yes the Playboy magazine itself was initially not the incarnation we have today. Hence the old joke about buying Playboy for the articles - originally it was a much classier publication in terms of photography and overall intent.

I'm glad to see an ed by Luis Sanchis, and I also like the other one, especially the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

I just scanned parts of my issue and now repost some pages because the resolution is a bit higher I think and maybe someone enjoys them. :flower:
I just scanned the pages I liked... ^_^

by me

I just scanned parts of my issue and now repost some pages because the resolution is a bit higher I think and maybe someone enjoys them. :flower:
I just scanned the pages I liked... ^_^
by me

I did, thanks a lot! It's too bad there is no way any of the local stores would stock this. Maybe Montreal stores get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverchiu
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->