Vincent Gallo

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 13 2004, 03:02 PM
you can keep watching "Dude where's my car?"....and swooning over the likes of Ashton Kutcher.......I'll stick to Vinny and his films.....he's one of the most ambitious and smart American directors that we have.
[snapback]395943[/snapback]​

:rofl:

Somehow faust doesn't strike me as a big Ashton Kutcher fan.

Originally posted by faust@Oct 13 2004, 03:22 PM
It's funny how you judge people without knowing a first thing about them.  Maybe if you do some searches on this forum for my posts you will change your opinion.  At least I'm judging Gallo by some films I've seen of his and by some interviews and reviews I've read.  I am pompous?  Ok, Miss I-only-talk-like-a-parrot-in-obscure-generalities-i-learned-in-art-class-but-do-not-understand.
[snapback]395973[/snapback]​
As a matter of fact I did read your posts before posting that.....and I know you're married have a daughter...yet you post in this forum...you workout to Celine Dion and you find it necessary to continually contradict other people's opinions regarding a film. - By the way- It is absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical to say I judge people without knowing them...and then turn around and say I regurgitate information from "art class" that I don't understand. If I say my opinion about a film-it is because I believe and understand it. Who are you to keep telling me that my details aren't enough or based on something that doesn't validate the information for you...?! It's my opinion! Why do you need me to keep justifying it to you?By the way-they are by no means obscure generalities...I think it was pretty straight forward....sorry if it's language that is beyond you. - Anyway- I think it's best to agree to disagree on the matter of this film seeing as we don't like each other.

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 13 2004, 07:37 PM
As a matter of fact I did read your posts before posting that.....and I know you're married have a daughter...yet you post in this forum...you workout to Celine Dion and you find it necessary to continually contradict other people's opinions regarding a film. - By the way- It is absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical to say I judge people without knowing them...and then turn around and say I regurgitate information from "art class" that I don't understand. If I say my opinion about a film-it is because I believe and understand it. Who are you to keep telling me that my details aren't enough or based on something that doesn't  validate the information for you...?! It's my opinion! Why do you need me to keep justifying it to you?By the way-they are by no means obscure generalities...I think it was pretty straight forward....sorry if it's language that is beyond you. - Anyway- I think it's best to agree to disagree on the matter of this film seeing as we don't like each other.
[snapback]396371[/snapback]​

You seriously think I work out to Celine Deon? :lol: You probably wouldn't know humor if it hit you in the face.
All right, reverent art critic, maybe one day someone will teach you that you don't know a subject unless you can talk about it to others using simple language and drawing analogies. Good luck until then.

Sorry that in my attempts to describe a film I didn't dumb it down or water it down to simple terminology and analagies....and I don't plan to write things in a less articulate manor in order to cater to your way of looking at films or anything else for that matter. "You don't know a subject unless you can talk about it to others using simple language and drawing analogies"....Perhaps I could recommend sesame street...they use extremely simple terms and make analogies that perhaps you would enjoy.It's a fabulous program. :heart:

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 14 2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry that in my attempts to describe a film I didn't dumb it down or water it down to simple terminology and analagies....and I don't plan to write things in a less articulate manor in order to cater to your way of looking at films or anything else for that matter. "You don't know a subject unless you can talk about it to others using simple language and drawing analogies"....Perhaps I could recommend sesame street...they use extremely simple terms and make analogies that perhaps you would enjoy.It's a fabulous program. :heart:
[snapback]396881[/snapback]​

will you plan on spelling in the future?

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 14 2004, 12:38 PM
[snapback]396881[/snapback]​

I think, mein freund, you have misunderstood the issue here. Faust is perfectly capable of understanding your terminology - I'm sure he's read and understood more classic literature than most people do in a few lifetimes (if I remember rightly, Faust is doing an MA in Literature?). Do you think that the kind of person who names themself after a fictional character from Goethe is the kind of person who watches 'Dude, where's my car?' The point I think he was raising with you is that he thinks your description of the film lacks any kind of real substance. Too much emoting and little concrete logic smacks of 'art class' to Faust I would guess...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 14 2004, 01:00 PM
I think, mein freund, you have misunderstood the issue here. Faust is perfectly capable of understanding your terminology - I'm sure he's read and understood more classic literature than most people do in a few lifetimes (if I remember rightly, Faust is doing an MA in Literature?). Do you think that the kind of person who names themself after a fictional character from Goethe is the kind of person who watches 'Dude, where's my car?' The point I think he was raising with you is that he thinks your description of the film lacks any kind of real substance. Too much emoting and little concrete logic smacks of 'art class' to Faust I would guess...
[snapback]396899[/snapback]​

well put :flower: , but enough of this thread already.

:lol: I went on a casting for this job! I had completely forgot who Vincent Gallo was when I met him. Not to mention I waited until the ultimately last chance to tell them all I wasn't 18! :wink:

Vincent is soooooo hot in person. Totally my type. :innocent:

Originally posted by AlmostFamous@Oct 14 2004, 06:48 PM
:lol: I went on a casting for this job! I had completely forgot who Vincent Gallo was when I met him. Not to mention I waited until the ultimately last chance to tell them all I wasn't 18! :wink:

Vincent is soooooo hot in person. Totally my type. :innocent:
[snapback]397180[/snapback]​
I knew I liked you almost famous!-that sucks you couldn't be in the editorial..

Originally posted by zoelemon@Oct 14 2004, 05:55 PM
I knew I liked you almost famous!-that sucks you couldn't be in the editorial..
[snapback]397190[/snapback]​
:brows: If I were 18, the job would have been in the bag. :lol:

I read an article today that claimed that Vincent Gallo is a hardline conservative...especially on women's rights apparently :innocent:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Oct 20 2004, 12:13 PM
I read an article today that claimed that Vincent Gallo is a hardline conservative...especially on women's rights apparently :innocent:
[snapback]402645[/snapback]​

yep.

yeah he is, i've met him several times, some by accident and some planned. he's a really sensitive person who tries to exemplify his eternal longing of something unattainable in all of his art. his music, movies, art, modeling, acting- they all evoke this haunting sadness that always follows this 43 year old family-less man

He's kind of reclusive now. He moved to LA since New York was too crazy:rolleyes:

Taken from editorial.gettyimages.com

There's something about his eye... not that I'm complimenting them.

vincent gallo has more sex appeal than any man.
he's the most beautiful thing ive (n)ever laid eyes on. he is versatile as f*ck, humorous, his style is immaculate. he is a talented actor, director, writer, painter, photographer, musician, and a motorcycle racer. i would let him touch my *** anyday. he is creepy in the hottest way possible. i wouldn't mind being kidnapped by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theseaswell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->