Vintage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this whilst sorting through some things, it is now hanging on a wall since it is too delicate to be used...it was bought in the 1970s in Sudan, it is quite heavy, and still in somewhat good condition. ^_^

-my photos

When it comes to vintage, I'm all about the '70s. Perhaps my most recent inspiration for the '70s is from the late Farrah Fawcett. I think they're nothing more funky and groovy than a pair of high-waist flared/bootcut jeans. Makers like J Brand and 7 for All Mankind make some lovely bell bottom-style jeans. I guess lighter washes provide a greater vintage feel than any darker blue jeans.

What I still think is the best vintage look I've seen in any recent advertisement or magazine shoot was this for Teen Vouge:

http://www.teenvogue.com/style/market/feature/2009/04/world-traveler?slide=2 (the femme in this picture)

High-waist flares + platform wedges = <3 Awesome stuff.

oh God, this thread has me craving for some Beyond Retro and Rokit shoppinggggg! I love vintage shops! :smile:

I have recently "discovered" vintage, love looking through eBay and find amazing pieces... Here are some of my recent buys:

Kjole.jpg

Vintagejakke.jpg
Bkg2kKGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBKcJm0Sk6w_.jpg

Picture56-2.jpg

Vintagejakke-1.jpg

Sources: My own photos and eBay.

Love that dress you're wearing! Really great buys.
Haha, don't you just love ebay? :blush: I love finding
vintage rings there. Just for looks. :ermm:

I got a fish-shaped pin (about 1" by 1") and these long chandeliers with little facts made out of pink or blue Lucite. So gorgeous with a plain white T.

Is this the only vintage style thread? I thought there were others...
I've been shopping almost every weekend at Clignancourt here in Paris, or Portobello in London...one of my favorite activities ever.:heart:

Found a few seventies print dresses, I love them so much I could wear them every day.

I am reasonably new to vintage shopping, but my favourite finds so far include a Burberry hairband, a Levi denim jacket and a Moschino leather belt.

My friend has this amazing vintage beat up leather jacket that I steal all the time.

lakemerced34.jpg

Clingancourt is good (Chez Sarah is my favourite) http://www.chezsarah.fr/rejoindre-sarah.php but have you ever been to the Marche aux Puces de la Porte de Vanves? It's the best and sometimes there's some good vintage. (It's hit and miss though). I love the Marais for vintage. Mamz'Elle Swing is great as well as Yukiko.

Thanks Pchouclaire! Wow, can't believe Ive missed Chez Sarah, it looks amazing! It's hard to find deadstock vintage fabric. Yukiko is a dream...Ive been meaning to hit Mam'zelle for some time. I like Falablas in Clignancourt and others whose names Ive forgotten...

Are there any others you'd recommend?? I'm still new in Paris (four months), I'm dying to learn more about vintage shopping here.
Actually, I heard there are phenomenal deals outside of Paris though...any info??!

I live just minutes from Vanves but I heard it's only open on Sundays from 7~13:00:doh: Guess I'm just going to have to get my butt out of bed asap. :flower:

I miss Paris so much! (I used to live there). I have recommendations for everything so if you need a place to eat, anything, just ask. For more vintage, I would suggest Esprit Vinyle, Gyppo & Glitterati (34 rue Nollet metro Clichy). Didier Ludot is the place to go for vintage couture (I used to just go look at the dresses). I love Falabalas too. (I got some great '50s/'60s dresses there). There's Casablanca which is 17 rue Moret i believe and there's some great places in Montmartre if you just go poking around. Hope that helps :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, go to Free'p'Star, Le Verger du Prince and Vintage Desir (in the Marais, again). I don't know much about shipping outside of Paris unless you mean in the bandlieus?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pchouclaire, thanks so much!
How great you used to live in Paris, how long were you here for?

I'll definitely check out the shops you've mentioned :flower:.
Merci bien! :heart:I could browse antiques & vintage forever:blush:.
Are there great stores in the banlieus? Im sure there must be...

I'm always on the lookout for great restaurants not too expensive nor meaty; here you really have to know where to go, it's so hit-or-miss.

I've no idea why or where, but I hear Florida is the best for vintage...??! A London dealer travels there regularly. Must be all the little old ladies selling off their stuff...:P

I lived in Paris for a year from 2007-2008 before going to uni. Stores in the bandlieus are ok. They're not great. I know this isn't the thread for it, but for food, go to le refuge des fondues in montmartre and le potager du marais-vegetarian. i used to go all the time also the restaurant in the palais de tokyo is pretty good.
Florida is great for vintage (esp. south Florida). There are stores everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->