Vogue September Issue First Look

Did any of you preorder the issue?

I did, with shipping it cost only 3 euro more than it's usually sold for here in Estonia, so I decided what the heck... Wonder when it will arrive though...

Something more than a plain box? some colors? some pictures? "limited edition custom Vogue box" tells me it's a little better than that. or at least it should be.

Listen Littleathquakes: I'll send you an original, hand-sketched something you can tape over your box, OK? LOL

I did, with shipping it cost only 3 euro more than it's usually sold for here in Estonia, so I decided what the heck... Wonder when it will arrive though...

I think Vogue is taking this seriously, I got an email 3 hours ago saying mine shipped and should arrive the day they promised. Yours is probably on its way too :flower:

I think Vogue is taking this seriously, I got an email 3 hours ago saying mine shipped and should arrive the day they promised. Yours is probably on its way too :flower:

Thank you for the info! Although I think it's only that fast in the US because I didn't get an email lol

oh what a hot disappointment. It arrived in the mail. it's a plain white cardboard gift box that says "Vogue The September Issue" in black text with the usual Vogue font LOL!

Not to be outdone by CN, Hearst has got a similar venture in place.......with an odd looking van (no ice-cream or creepy ice cream truck music included!).

Because which gay man could resist getting their fashion fix from a shocking pink van? :lol:

Hearst Is Hawking September Issues From Its 'MagMobile'—a Roving Newsstand on Wheels Rolling through NYC today
By Emma Bazilian
August 14, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT

mag-mobile-01-2015.jpg

In an effort to promote its all-important September fashion issues, Hearst is taking its consumer marketing strategy to the streets—literally. This morning, the publisher is debuting the "MagMobile," a roving newsstand selling copies of Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan and Seventeen in and around New York City.

The MagMobile makes its first stop today in Manhattan, where it will be stationed outside the Apple Store on 5th Avenue from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tomorrow, the truck heads out to Jones Beach, followed by Seaside Heights, New Jersey. On Monday, the MagMobile returns to downtown NYC.

To boost consumer awareness, Hearst will be promoting the MagMobile on social media and local New York radio station Z-100, and flying airplane banners over both beaches. The MagMobile will also be offering giveaways (like beauty samples from sponsors Nivea and L'Oréal) and prizes (including a trip to Cancun).

The MagMobile is one facet of Hearst's "Super September" strategy, said Hearst Magazines president and publishing director Michael Clinton, who also oversees consumer marketing. Through a partnership with Barnes & Noble, Hearst is using beacon technology to alert potential Elle readers to the September issue's arrival when they pass a B&N store. And for the second year in a row, Hearst will be selling a 9.2-pound "Fashion To Go" box—containing issues of Bazaar, Elle and Marie Claire—and select bookstores and duty-free shops.

Elle, which turns 30 this year, is publishing its biggest issue ever, featuring actress Keira Knightley (also 30 years old) on four different covers sponsored by LVMH. The magazine will fête its third decade with a party at the U.S. Ambassador's residence in Paris during Fashion Week.

Bazaar, whose September issue is also the largest in its 148-year history, includes the "Icons" portfolio by Carine Roitfeld featuring celebrities like Katy Perry (also on the cover) and Oprah Winfrey dressed as other iconic women. The portfolio will be celebrated in New York next month at a CoverGirl-sponsored gala. Inside the magazine, readers will also find a 15-page preview of the upcoming Bazaar Models book, sponsored by Stuart Weitzman.

Marie Claire's September issue is its second-largest ever—last year's 20th anniversary issue holds the title for fattest book—and features Miley Cyrus on the cover, plus packages from LVMH and J.C. Penney. Clinton wouldn't provide details of Cosmopolitan's September ad growth—presumably, the issue is down from last year—but noted that November's 50th anniversary issue will be a blowout. (Hearst, along with the rest of the magazine publishing industry, no longer publicly releases its ad page numbers.)

Overall, the fashion group's strong September showing can be linked to luxury brands betting on U.S. consumers. "All of the European luxury markets have significantly increased their spend in America, particularly as the rest of the world is a bit softer and the luxury marketplace in the U.S. is very robust," said Clinton. "The American market is now the growth market."

Text and Image Source: Adweek.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinnybackstage
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->