200511240074902.jpg

200511240074903.jpg

200511240074904.jpg

200511240074905.jpg

200511240074906.jpg

200511240074908.jpg

Julia Stegner

nouveau said:
you're missing the point...the problem isn't gemma's prescence there but rather how the shot is choreographed which comes across as racist and very blatantly so...i'm not even going to tell you to take a good look at it because it's that obvious
I think u took it to seriously,its just a cover,and to be honest,chinese people are not very willing to see asian on the cover,its nothing to do with the racist,just simply because our photographer is not good enough.In china,most of the fashion magazine covers are from US edition's cover...like,jlo is on the sept elle cover right?!then,chinese elle's oct cover will be jlo too.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDISON27 said:
I think u took it to seriously,its just a cover,and to be honest,chinese people are not very willing to see asian on the cover,its nothing to do with the racist,just simply because our photographer is not good enough.In china,most of the fashion magazine covers are from US edition's cover...like,jlo is on the sept elle cover right?!then,chinese elle's oct cover will be jlo too.

compared to the famous photograthers in the industry,the local ones sometimes
lack of the original creativity..but there's room for them to advance ..

the fashion business in eastern asia area(Japan make exceptions)is still not
mature enough actually..including the photography,modeling,designs....etc
that's the truth i admit.

Ohhhhhhhhh :woot: I like the Julia ed ! Thank you Edison27 ! Did you scan it ?

EDISON27 said:

Yeah, interpreting this as racist is definitely to take it too seriously. Because Gemma - the acknowledged top model - is in the middle and in pink it's racist. Well, when two people of different races are on the same cover of a mag I'm sure you can always interpret it as racist if you want to....

If I would have decided what the cover should look like I would have had Du Juan and Gemma on their own there - because they're so beautiful. But I guess they wanted to squeeze in the background of Shanghai to give it a bit of a 50s or early 60s touch.

I want this issue so badly. Where can I buy it in America?

i believe these are from Vogue China

Du Juan and Gemma ward

NYIMG_00014.jpg
NYIMG_00016.jpg

NYIMG_00017.jpg

NYIMG_00043_LG.jpg

modelwire.com

Where the hell is Gisele!!!!???:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

In my opinion the cover is amazing:woot: :woot: :woot: !!!!!!! ( but in some way the idea is copied from September US Vogue :innocent: ). Gemma looks very nice, also the last girl ( who is she:question: ). But I'm wondering why Gemma is on the cover??? She isn't an Asian girl ( but she looks like :lol: )... So, is she so popular in China????

Du Juan is going to walk in NY fashion week this month, along with Liu Dan...

Asian editions of western mags usually feature mostly "Bugs" and other unconventional mods...Gemma is the biggest of the Bugs right now...these mags always have white cover models...

anyone who says the Sept issue of Chinese Vogue is racist doesn't know jack about China, the Chinese people and the culture. I suggest they go back to their small town lives and stop being so negative! We should all be extremely proud, excited for and supportive of China Vogue. Jia you Zhong guo!!!!!!

China Vogue has every right to put a western model with chinese models, and in that every right to become a multi cultural international country. Whoever is kicking up a fuss about a beautiful western women appearing in an international magazine with a number of beautiful Chinese ladies is a fool. It's great that fashion is being encouraged in China. This in no way will attack Chinese culture anymore then Mao Zse dong did during the cultural revolution. And he was Chinese and also extremely power hungry and paranoid! I think China Vogue critiques should try reading the articles before they start whining about a beautiful photo shoot! I would be shocked to hear if these complainers had ever been to China let alone Asia... This is wonderful for China! Be excited and positive!

sorry meant that Mao did a million more times damage to Chinese culture then an international magazine ever could so complainers should chill!

iluvjeisa said:
This could be a scanner preference :wink:

or an uncertainty, here are some more pics from du juans portfolio that "could" be fromvogue china, but i was only sure of the others cause gemma was in it.

so here we go:

NYIMG_00012.jpg
NYIMG_00013.jpg

NYIMG_00042.jpg

modelwire.com

^That is gemma on the bed in the first pic isnt it?

Its hard to tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->