Vogue China September 2005 : Premier Issue by Patrick Demarchelier

shambles said:
Are all the models on the front cover Chinese? Besides Gemma, obviously :lol:. Because some of them look Southeast Asian...
Yes,On the left side is Zhao Jun,on the right side is Wang Wen Qing,they are all chinese top models.

Does anyone know the name of the 3rd model from the right? Thank you in advance.

good, i like it... it would have been too much if they wouldve put gisele alone on their premier cover, as had been rumored... it gives an "im every woman" feel

I may not understand a single chinese word except moyashi but I want that mag badly !! :lol:

What's the name of the first model from the right. She's the most striking of them all!:heart:

shambles said:
Does anyone know the name of the 3rd model from the right? Thank you in advance.
Dong Chen Jie:lol: The first from left is Du Juan not Zhao Jun,I made a mistake,sorry~~~~:lol: :lol: :lol:

eightyeightkeys said:
Wow, even though I can't see the details and there really isn't so much of a backdrop, I like what they did - using traditional Chinese models and then placing Gemma in the middle in different clothing, as if to signify a new wave, not necessarily replacing, but influencing... Did that make sense? :blush:

The cover shoots named Shanghai dairy(by Patrick Demarchelier),they put gemma in the middle because they think gemma looks like a china doll----only with blonde hair:lol: You should see the Shanghai Dairy shoots,they put gemma in the chinese traditional buildings,it looks amazing!!!!

the cover with all the models really reminds me of the Vogue US september last year with all the 'top' 9 models.

EDISON27 said:
I bought the first issue tonight,the chinese name of it means"Fashion and Beauty",it was really sucks:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Sooooooooooo unVogue!!!!Im sure most chinese people wont like it,i hope they can change the name soon.

So, I don't totally get this.....The title next to vogue is "Fashion and Beauty"? What editorials are inside and why does it suck? Anything of Gemma inside?
What name is it that you would like to have changed? They should remove the Chinese text next to "Vogue"?

Btw, the girl to the left of Gemma is too gorgeous.

iluvjeisa said:
So, I don't totally get this.....The title next to vogue is "Fashion and Beauty"? What editorials are inside and why does it suck? Anything of Gemma inside?
What name is it that you would like to have changed? They should remove the Chinese text next to "Vogue"?

Btw, the girl to the left of Gemma is too gorgeous.
Thats right,they should remove the chinese text next to"Vogue",or at least change a more stylish name!!!!

EDISON27 said:
Thats right,they should remove the chinese text next to"Vogue",or at least change a more stylish name!!!!

Traditionally, Vogue has had a catchy phrase right under Vogue, like for instance like the "Dare!" on this beyond gorgeous old Gia cover. Maybe they should try something like that...both American and British Vogue used that type of layout all through the late 70s and early 80s. I like it! Trying to abstract the whole content of the magazine into just 1-3 words is very neat. Of course, by 1986 it was getting a bit repetetive...

Images: 1) COVER British Vogue April 1st 1979 - Gia by Alex Chatelain
2) COVER American Vogue August 1980 - Gia by Richard Avedon

Last edited by a moderator:
here is a more clearly scan

getimage_big.asp

Could you scan them in if you get a chance they would be great to see

EDISON27 said:
The cover shoots named Shanghai dairy(by Patrick Demarchelier),they put gemma in the middle because they think gemma looks like a china doll----only with blonde hair:lol: You should see the Shanghai Dairy shoots,they put gemma in the chinese traditional buildings,it looks amazing!!!!

ChinaVoguecover_p.jpg
From http://www.danwei.org

Vogue China launches

by Jeremy Goldkorn (last update: August 11, 05 04:25 PM)

No foreign media in China? Condé Nast is looking pretty in Shanghai, in partnership with the State Council, and begs to differ

Vogue magazine's China edition is on the streets, two weeks in advance of its September launch date. The gatefold cover features Australian super model Gemma Ward, and Chinese models Du Juan and Wang Wenqin with three other Chinese models to their right. They were photographed in Shanghai styled by Patrick Demarchelier, with French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld as stylist. The September issue contains 430 pages, with an even mix of foreign and locally produced content. About a quarter of the pages are advertisements.

Judging from the advertisers in this issue which include Gucci, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Hermès etc., Vogue is going to do just fine. At last, the trashy Cosmopolitan magazine has some strong competition.

China has come a long way from the Mao days :smile:

Mao Tse Tung must be rolling in his grave right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->