Vogue España April 2021 : Jodie Comer by Emma Summerton

Oh simply exquisite!

Jodie really can photograph well! The overall cover works in every aspect, the flower in her hand just contrasts beautifully to the fonts and backdrop!

Love it. Jodie is gorgeous, love the flower and the bright yellow fonts, it's really lighten up the dull grey background.

Quite lovely. Overall a strong cover. Maybe I’m a bit picky, but more volume in the hair would’ve been nice though.

Jodie can do no wrong in my eyes, but there's something missing here. Maybe some accessories, better-styled hair, bold makeup, something, anything to distract from the blandness of it all. Plus it's shot in a studio. With a pale yellow masthead?

Further proof that Emma Summerton should stick to location shoots as opposed to studio. It's just not her forte.

Exquisite! Jodie is such a superstar. It's always a delight seeing her on fashion covers, in my opinion she deserves even more.

Jodie can do no wrong in my eyes, but there's something missing here. Maybe some accessories, better-styled hair, bold makeup, something, anything to distract from the blandness of it all. Plus it's shot in a studio. With a pale yellow masthead?

Further proof that Emma Summerton should stick to location shoots as opposed to studio. It's just not her forte.

Guess limp, mousey and greasy hair is more relatable to the readers. But it’s not Vogue. Still better than all these “creative” 1st-year design student gimmicks that the other Vogue covers are plagued with. And it’s Emma— so I’ll take it (…even if I have never seen anything Jodie is featured in, nor would be able to distinguish her from any other newish English actress out there.)

... so I’ll take it (…even if I have never seen anything Jodie is featured in, nor would be able to distinguish her from any other newish English actress out there.)

:o:ermm:

But Jodie is different, she speaks in RP but she's not like the posh London set. She comes from a working-class background, she's got tons of personality and she's a great style star. Plus she has been photographed by Meisel for a campaign AND a Vogue cover. You need to see her in interviews, I guarantee you'll quickly warm to her! Unless of course you have a heart made of stone. LOL.

Last edited:
:o:ermm:

But Jodie is different, she speaks in RP but she's not like the posh London set. She comes from a working-class background, she's got tons of personality and she's a great style star. Plus she has been photographed by Meisel for a campaign AND a Vogue cover.

Not sure if Benn is being facetious…

She sort of resembles a young Julie Delpy if I care to look long enough at her shots…

There’s a British one that you used to post gifs of— Phoebe-something??? Loved those gifs...

She sort of resembles a young Julie Delpy if I care to look long enough at her shots….

Come on, you can do better than that! LOL.

And no, I'm not being facetious. I know everyone loves to hate on English actresses getting fast-tracked on magazine covers (not very original I must say, lol), but this generation of English actresses are a cut above the rest. Comer, Waller-Bridge, Ronan, Harris, Wilson, Turner-Smith, Kirby, Erivo, and Clarke all these women have a certain quirk to them that at least set them apart from the rest. Not to mention every single one is talented, they're clasically trained of course. They deserve all the press they're getting.

^^^I really meant that as a compliment, Benn… Julie very effortlessly light and breezy-looking (hair wasn't as mousey, tho).

Not hating on English actresses at all. Frankly, I don’t care much for actresses/actors, wherever they’re from. Tilda was probably the only one that I was weak at the knees for— but that’s likely because of her amazing shoots back in the day with all the Greats. Jodi has had decent shoots including this one, although it’s all a tad on the Marie-Claire prettiness side and not of the high concept calibre of Tilda’s. But then again, who possesses the presence of Tilda???

Oh this is actually beautiful! Could be a W Magazine cover, but the standards are so low these days so who cares?

It’s ok after March’s Bella disaster...but that yellow on the VOGUE is hideous. Curious if this issue is still done by the team? No EIC yet?

Utterly beautiful, wouldn't change a single thing. It feels like a breath of fresh air after the eyesore of a Bella Hadid cover last month. I love how serene it feels, despite the grey backdrop and the pale yellow fonts were the perfect choice.

Jodie is an absolute star, a pleasure to see grace the covers of fashion magazines - have yet to come across a bad photo of her! :heart:

Not loving the hair and the rose is a bit random--it's as if they need to find a yellow accessory to match her blonde hair real quick and could only find this flower--but her beauty saves it. Her cover for Vogue UK by Meisel remains unbeatable to me. I would love to see Sandra Oh getting as much coverage as she did, though.

Jodi’s story is disappointing. Because it's Emma, was hoping it was a combo in-studio/on-location shoot, but it’s all gloomy, bored let's-just-get-through-this-shoot-with-no-concept against a seamless… She does look great in a raven-haired wig.

Only story that makes a breath of effort is Nico Bustos’ “Arreglado e informal” with its VP 80’s vibe and styling that looks like it was ghost-styled by Emmanuelle. And that it’s shot around a tennis court qualifies on-location for that much needed texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->