Vogue España May 2021 : Paloma Elsesser by Alique

Not a bad shot. But it’s not working as a cover. Too many distracting elements. And I hate that her hair and the masthead are the same colour.

It falls flat because the image looks like they caught her unprepared. You can't tell me that this was the best shot in the selection! This could've been a great cover if only her pose was stronger and more striking.

Other than the black border of that set design which ruins the art direction, I actually think it's a stunning cover! Love the stiff pose, the styling, the sideswept hair etc. She looks tremendous.

Happy for her!

When you're in Vogue, you want to look great - and not like you're waiting for someone to come and properly set your lower body plastercast while you stand in the world's smallest medical cubicle.

Didn’t they have a picture that didn’t show her slouch?

What is that expression? What is that pose? What is that set? There is so much wrong with this cover. I don't particularly care for Paloma's modeling, but she looks and is far capable of more than this. This is a let down. And this might be the worst a Jacquemus look has ever looked. This could have been beautiful, warm, sunny, and instead I'm just left cold. I'm shocked this is Alique's work actually.

Sorry she isn't working for me as a model.
They want to make her happening but she's no Ashley Grahams or Kate Dillon.

Hence why it's just ''my'' opinion on a forum.
Everything ok?

I know it’s a forum. Where people discuss things. Hence “my” reaction to your statement about peole trying to “make” her happen, while it’s obvious she is way beyond the point in her career that people are trying to make her happen. It’s not that hard to see, and I don’t even like her.

Lifeless and blank in expression. Pale like a corpse. I’m starting to think Alique is maybe not great with women of color or size for that matter. I’ve never seen Paloma look worse. Getting flashbacks to when she did Adwoah dirty.

Vogue España May 2021

Paloma Busca Su Sitio

Photographer: Alique
Stylist: Gabriella Karefa-Johnson
Hair: Latisha Chong
Makeup: Raisa Flowers
Cast: Paloma Elsesser

Vogue España Digital Edition

Vogue España May 2021

El Zapatero Prodiosa

Photographer: Angela B. Suarez
Stylist: Juan Cebrian
Hair: Manu Fernandez
Makeup: Jose Belmonte
Cast: Africa Peñalver

Vogue España May 2021

Segunda Piel

Photographer: Nico Bustos
Stylist: Juan Cebrian
Hair: Manu Fernandez
Makeup: Jose Belmonte
Cast: Margarita Gambles, PaulaAnguera, Amy Sarr, Rebeca Solana, Elena Cambón, Mei Ruiz, Lorena Guitián, Carla Trujillo, Alba Luna, Xulia Dorado, Julia Horrillo

Vogue España May 2021

Sobre La Belleza

Photographer: Ana Cuba, Angela B. Suarez
Stylist: Marta Bajo, Loreta Quintanilla
Hair & Makeup: Monica Marmo
Cast: Alicia Borras, Nicole Wallace, Stefania Yepes, Mina El Hammani, Amaia Romero, Alejandra Savoia, Helena Contreras, Luna Lionne, Sita Abellan, Marian Avila, Gabriela Richardson, Marina Perez, Rigoberta Bandini, Valeria Vegas

Vogue España May 2021

Belleza: Visión Panoramica

Photographer: Nick Krasznai
Stylist: Bobette Cohn
Hair: Gonn Kinoshita
Makeup: Akiko Owada
Cast: Mona Matsuoka

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads